1. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Setting up triangular links

I've read a few posts in here that talk about triangular linking. The debate seems to still be out as to whether this is better than just plain ol' reciprocal linking, but my question is how do you go about setting up triangular links with other sites?

I think i'm right in saying that triangular linking is where Site A links to Site B, Site B links to Site C,Site C links to Site A - making a nice pretty triangle. This seems like a very tricky scenario to set up as there are three parties involved. I'm curious what techniques people use to do this? Do you just send an email to the two other webmasters saying "hey fellas, if you link to me, i'll link to him, and he'll link to you"? or can I be enlightened?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I don't do it but it's easy. Your site(a), Subdomain(a2) which is just a link page, Their site(b). a2 links to b, and b links to a, while site 'a' has a link at the footer to a2.

Enjoy!
  5. Permanently Banned

ahhhhhh, now I see why this would stop the rankings leaking from your site, clever!

However, does this mean that the PR of a2 will never increase much as it'll only ever have one incoming link (from a). This'll then mean that third party webmasters might be less forthcoming with a link exchange?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

the only problem is keeping track of these 3 way link exchanges and remembering which ones you linked to already that has your link on a different site while browsing around for sites to swap links with.
  9. Permanently Banned

It doesn't seem too bad. It appears to be like any other link exchange except my outgoing links are put on links page in a subdomain rather than my main domain.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by big-bad-burrow
    ahhhhhh, now I see why this would stop the rankings leaking from your site, clever!

However, does this mean that the PR of a2 will never increase much as it'll only ever have one incoming link (from a). This'll then mean that third party webmasters might be less forthcoming with a link exchange?
    If you only want to put one link, then your PR would only reflect the PR that it gets from the one page. As for me I put a link to my link page on all or most of my pages which keeps it around a PR4.

Further into the subdomain links: If I was going to do the 3way link I would name my subdomain ww2.yourdomain.com that way most wont notice the change, and for those who want a 3way link you will have it. ;)

There are even more advanced ways of doing it as well, but I wont cover them here as the possibilities are endless and they include server DNS setup.
  13. Permanently Banned

Ha ha, I like the ww2 idea - very sly!

Thanks for the replies l3vi - you've shone some light onto the subject for me