Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    11

    Seochat Booted From Google


  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    10
    Originally Posted by Koalaseo
    Koalaseo,
    check this link
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-05,GGLG:en&q=site%3Aforums%2Eseochat%2Ecom
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by monsia
    Koalaseo,
    check this link
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-05,GGLG:en&q=site%3Aforums%2Eseochat%2Ecom
    Your search - site:forums.seochat.com - did not match any documents.

    Suggestions:
    Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more general keywords.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Somewhere IN NJ
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    13
    Nope it got booted, I did a search for forums.seochat.com and it is not there. Wonder why they would ban the subdomain and not the entire seochat.com. If it is infact banned the site will still do fine until they can get reindexed.
  8. #5
  9. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by dougedoug
    Nope it got booted, I did a search for forums.seochat.com and it is not there. Wonder why they would ban the subdomain and not the entire seochat.com. If it is infact banned the site will still do fine until they can get reindexed.
    No idea what happened, we are looking into it.

    J
  10. #6
  11. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gloucester (South West UK).
    Posts
    5,968
    Rep Power
    1239
    Interesting... pages are still cached though; saw this post from a wm on matt cutts blog "People are seeing a mad de-indexing of sites on Big Daddy"...

    Several others have "chimed in" agreeing & asking for explanations, maybe it's associated!
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  12. #7
  13. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Interesting... pages are still cached though; saw this post from a wm on matt cutts blog "People are seeing a mad de-indexing of sites on Big Daddy"...

    Several others have "chimed in" agreeing & asking for explanations, maybe it's associated!
    We are totally baffled as to why Google would rip out the entire forums.seochat.com and then supplement result the entire www.seochat.com - just happened this evening. We dont do ANY black hat stuff, we actually have (at least I thought we did) a good relationship with Google.

    We are trying to contact them but either way this is going to be super painful.
  14. #8
  15. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gloucester (South West UK).
    Posts
    5,968
    Rep Power
    1239
    Originally Posted by Jcaputo
    We are totally baffled as to why Google would rip out the entire forums.seochat.com and then supplement result the entire www.seochat.com - just happened this evening. We dont do ANY black hat stuff, we actually have (at least I thought we did) a good relationship with Google.

    We are trying to contact them but either way this is going to be super painful.
    That is - interestingly enough - EXACTLY the same symptoms as mentioned in the post I quoted from here
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    11
    Its a strange coincidence that it happened in the first real update since the mod rewrite on the forum.

    The supplememtals could be from the cms.
    If you look at a lot of your pages there isnt a great deal of content on them.

    But it has never been a problem before on this site to my knowledge.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    11
    Do you think that the subdomain being kicked could be to do with your enhanced listing in google?

    "Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization - SEO Chat
    Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization - SEO Chat.
    www.seochat.com/ - 106k - Cached - Similar pages

    SEO Forums - Future PageRank
    Google Dance - Google Optimization"

    There is a link to the forums there.
    I wonder
  20. #11
  21. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by Koalaseo
    Do you think that the subdomain being kicked could be to do with your enhanced listing in google?

    "Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization - SEO Chat
    Search Engine Optimization, Google Optimization - SEO Chat.
    www.seochat.com/ - 106k - Cached - Similar pages

    SEO Forums - Future PageRank
    Google Dance - Google Optimization"

    There is a link to the forums there.
    I wonder
    Nope its always been like that, this just happened.

    J
  22. #12
  23. Kiss My Converse!
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,190
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by ClickyB
    That is - interestingly enough - EXACTLY the same symptoms as mentioned in the post I quoted from here
    Yeah I read that but Cutts didnt seem to respond.

    J
  24. #13
  25. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Montreal / Canada
    Posts
    2,164
    Rep Power
    640
    It's all fine here... I must be on a different DC...
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Territory, Australia
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    11
    So the question to ask
    are you on the old datacenter and is this a taste of things to come?
  28. #15
  29. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gloucester (South West UK).
    Posts
    5,968
    Rep Power
    1239
    Originally Posted by Jcaputo
    Yeah I read that but Cutts didnt seem to respond.

    J
    Yeah... he's probably drunk in NY right now!
    It looks like an indexing problem to me, if you search for: forums site:seochat.com you'll see a ton of the forum urls listed under the main domain here!


    ..
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. SEOChat Spams Google!?!?
    By GeoffreyF67 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul 18th, 2005, 03:20 AM
  2. unable to get out from Google glitch 17 Dec.2004
    By newcomer in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jan 29th, 2005, 01:22 PM
  3. Google - Tearing me up again..
    By clasione in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 7th, 2004, 05:00 PM
  4. Reality & Truth - Competative Keywords -v- Real Life Searches
    By -search-engines-web in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 27th, 2003, 06:25 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo