Thread: SEO help needed

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO help needed

Hi there,

I have made this webiste several months ago, and for some reason it is nowhere in goolge. I can't really figure out why so I humbly ask for guru's advice.

If I search for www . mydomain . com (no spaces), google shows it on first position but if I try 'mydomain com' (with space) it's on page 4.

I thought that it might be blacklisted and applied for reconsideration from google and they replied that 'there was no manual action' on my website, and now I'm really confused. Also Webmaster tools show that there are 19 websites that link to my website but if I do 'link:' search it finds only 2 websites. I tried and searched for the keywords from the websites that link to me and they seem to do well in google results. So I'm running out of ideas, any suggestions?

Cheers!
    Last edited by sfconz; Nov 18th, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google WMT is more accurate than link: so the 19 links is probably a true reflection of sites linking to you.

What is your site it is a lot easier to see if there is a problem by knowing what the site is.

Type it as yoursite-com and then people can look and give you better advice. If you have only 19 links then this is more than likely the problem but having a look people could spot other faults that are hindering your progress.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by zico82
    Google WMT is more accurate than link: so the 19 links is probably a true reflection of sites linking to you.

What is your site it is a lot easier to see if there is a problem by knowing what the site is.

Type it as yoursite-com and then people can look and give you better advice. If you have only 19 links then this is more than likely the problem but having a look people could spot other faults that are hindering your progress.
    Thanks zico!

here is the url www-salaryfinder-co-nz.
  7. No Profile Picture

wierd

OK this is weird. I just found out that my site has a PR2 and still my site is nowhere even if you search for 'salaryfinder nz'. This forum post comes up on second page and the actual site is on 3rd. I'm thinking that there is something seriously wrong on the site it self that google doesn't like. Can anyone suggest something?
  9. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

your links terrible. You're not doing anything even remotely related to proper SEO on-site or off-site. This is why you're are not ranking.

You have a site-wide from a web design company in MN that touts itself as SEO experts, ask them how to do it!

No, wait don't do that. I just read some of their site, they are clueless and obviously just ripping people off pretending to know how to do SEO. I would definitely ask them to take that link off their site!

Comments on this post

• whiterabbit agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    your links terrible. You're not doing anything even remotely related to proper SEO on-site or off-site. This is why you're are not ranking.
    That's my question, what am I doing wrong?
  13. Agency SEO

Originally Posted by sfconz
    That's my question, what am I doing wrong?
    1) Keyword research. This is the foundation on which every SEO campaign is built, without proper KW research you will fail. KW research will tell you want you need to rank for. What are your long tails?

2) KW Presentation. Using elements of SEO you need to tell Google what you want to rank for. You need original pages of content that correctly use your KWs and you need to properly link to your landing pages internally.

3) RELEVANT, QUALITY in-bound links.
  15. No Profile Picture

Also, don't expect any solid rankings within just several months. Most new websites go up and down in SERPs with every minor update.
    Last edited by sveltemember; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
  17. No Profile Picture

Website check

A quick look at your site doesn't show any problems with html, robots.txt or content. You really need to do a lot more with building links to your site. Write comments in forums that have content related to your site. Add comments in blogs related to your site. Use Google blog search to find related blogs. If you don't already have a Facebook page start one and begin a social marketing campaign. There are a lot of places you should be in and Google would like to see you in all of them. <snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Nov 24th, 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Removed self-promo
  19. Cool bra. Go with Christ!

Don't Google: www.mydomain.com
    Don't Google: mydomain com

Google: site:www.mysite.com - When you do that Google wikll tell you how many pages from your site are indexed. In your case the answer is 89. A quick look at the results shows that all your pages have an identical description and most have very similar/duplicate titles! You should have messages in Webmaster Tools telling you this... Check them out.

When looking for backlinks, don't ever Google: link:www.mysite - When you do this Google returns a random sample of your backlinks, (useless info' right)?

Your SEO is terrible... No wonder Google is confused. Follow KernelPanic's advice and get those titles & descriptions sorted out (If you can't use a unique meta-description for each page, don't use one at all).

Good Luck
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  21. No Profile Picture

OK time had passed, I'm still nowhere. I changed all of the descriptions and titles of the pages like it was suggested by good people here but no luck. I'm still looking for answers to this bizarre case so if anyone has any suggestions please, share them. The site is almost 1 year old, and it is on the first page only if I search for the entire website address. And in this case google even shows sitelinks under the main link to my site and that is strange by itself because the title of one of the pages is displayed as 'Compare' but the actual title of that page is something else. I understand that my site may not have a good SEO at the moment but if search for 'salaryfinder nz' it should at least be on first page even if I have 0 links to my site and terrible SEO?

Some spammers had attacked the forum on my website and posted about 50 topics, I cleared those out but google still links to them, in fact one of the links to spam topics is in the sitelinks under the main link if I search for the website address. Like I said, I cleared those out there is nothing more I can do about that is there?