Thread: SEJ Webinar

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

SEJ Webinar

I participated in a webinar from Search Engine Journal today.

Today the guest speaker was Tim Soulo of Ahrefs. It was very interesting to say the least.

This webinar was about Guest Blog Posting, it was quite informative. To say the least it put Guest Blogging in a new light. The bottom line of it all was Ahref's basically endorses Tiered Link Building.

This webinar was only 1 hour in length, so I invested the time. This co-operative event between SEJ and Ahrefs just fuels the fire on Guest Blogging. I must say it was quite ingenious they way it was presented. It basically described link wheels and Web 2.0 link building but not as such.

With events like this being sponsored by SEJ it is no wonder why people are still Guest Blogging. I honestly think it has merits to say the least.

Anyone else here participate in this ?
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Grammar and Spelling correction
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Didn't see it, but I believe that type of link building will work well for at least another year.
  5. No Profile Picture

Why do you give it such a short life span? If followed by the practices preached by Ahref you could build PBN's / Link Wheels almost invisible to 99% of the planet. It really was that informative.

Basically it described how to find with high reliability opportunities to guest blog and how to approach and use those sites to build tier 1 and tier 2 backlinks and stay under the radar.

The main focus tho I suspect was to promote Ahref tools.... the hook was if you tweeted while in the webinar you got a chance to get Ahrefs for a year for free!. There were a few hundred of us in the webinar.
  7. SEO Since 97

And out of the few hundred that were there, do you think google was one or two of them, maybe more?
    They hold all the data so they create the rules, it will depend on the usage of this type of building, now I wish I was there to see it.
  9. SEO Since 97

How do they stay under the radar according to Tim?
  11. No Profile Picture

Basically it boiled down to ...

You post a guest blog say to ahref's for example, yes Tim Soulo says Ahrefs accepts post but not from just anyone... go figure..

Then you also post (a different article) on another blog now that will be a tier 2 site posting a link to the exact ahrefs artice you posted which points to your money site.

Just typical tiered link building.. but you use existing established sites, this would really fly under the radar. Use a few Ghost handles and none of the domains have any connection to you. It will be very hard to see thru the smoke and mirrors doing this. Even in the webinar he called it Tier Link Building.

You repeat this a few time, and you can create some extremely powerful IBL's. The sites you post on have no idea what you are doing. I mean you post a link just to them, and the article of course and those sites are happy to get that link.

Edited to add...

This whole strategy depends on your ability to write a top notch quality article. So it has to Best of Web Content !

You could repeat this as many times and as many tiers deep as you like. Zim Zalla Bim brand new PBN !

You have no investment in hosting, domain names etc., etc.. No tells to expose your money site!

What do we label this as ,, black, grey but surely not white !
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 13th, 2018 at 09:07 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Such webinars should be mentioned earlier, so more members could attend.
    Good to know though what was discussed about.
  15. No Profile Picture

Ah you have to register with SEJ to get access, they have another on the 19th on Content.

Once you register, they send the notices out to you. I don't participate in all of them.

Here is the next one.. notification came tonight.

17. No Profile Picture

For those that are interested

Here is the youtube link to the webinar, they just posted it...

>> https://youtu.be/_KlYMeHTT0A <<