1. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Seems Bing has one upped Google for the moment.

Don't know why I haven't noticed this or commented on it before. Probably because of the stir of Penguin.

You would think that Google wanting to remain the king of search engines would at least stay abreast of their competition.

I just took over the responsibility of promoting a website between me and an associate. He hadn't included the site in Bing tools. So I decided to add the site to B WMTs ( I don't use B as much as G, rarely I should add! ). I just saw the Disavow link feature.

This one little feature alone, solves so many problems. It stops the possible terror attacks. It lets the site owner correct any mistakes made from lack of knowledge. It lets companies that had shady workers performing spam activites rescend that work.

I have to give Bing the big HooRaaa. They in my opinion have bested G, for the moment.

You think if we bit**ed enough Google would take a note from Bing and follow their lead??

Comments on this post

• Belfast agrees : Thanks for sharing.
    • EGOL agrees
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Thanks for sharing. I was unaware what's going on with Bing lately because I have been focusing on Google.

Of course it's still up to the webmaster to identify those links they wish to disavow, but it's a great feature.

This tells me two things: 1) Negative SEO is a real threat. 2) Google needs to catch up.

But I like the quote: "There are hundreds of signals that Bing uses to create a ranking system; links are just one small aspect."

I would say at Google, links are still a MAJOR aspect.

Ed
  5. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Google are suppose to be working on it, I can see the obvious problems with it though..

Spammers could just spam to their hearts content, get a site ranking, finally when they get caught they use the tool and they're back in business.. not really fair.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Google are suppose to be working on it, I can see the obvious problems with it though..

Spammers could just spam to their hearts content, get a site ranking, finally when they get caught they use the tool and they're back in business.. not really fair.
    Three strikes and you lose the ability to divavow for a year.

(I just patented it there now prior to posting this)

Comments on this post

• DMN Webmaster agrees : It would seems obvious, wouldn't it....
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"Spammers could just spam to their hearts content, get a site ranking, finally when they get caught they use the tool and they're back in business.. not really fair."

True.

Maybe the solution is, if Google offers a similar tool, they stop sending out notifications. So if your site drops, you'll have to do your own analysis and make an educated guess as to why.

I can't see how they can do both at the same time - notify AND have a disavow tool. I agree, that would be a formula for manipulation.

Ed

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees
  11. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye

That's the crux of the problem. No matter what you come up with, someone, some where is out to game the system.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

That's not the only case...After the penguin update Bing is returning better results than google. I can still see useless spam sites and blogspot pages on google.

Sites that have format like verygood[keyword]some damn number .blogspot.com