1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO of a Website with Duplicated content

Hi,

We have a website that gets hotels price data from a provider via API. The provider provides all data such as hotel name, images, description, user views etc that you we will show in our own layout. The problem that I see with that is, this data will be a duplicated content as that provider provides the same data to many websites. Even the images of hotel room are linked from the provider's website. We intend to add our own blogs though.

This said, I seek advice on the best way to handle that from SEO perspective. How should we implement the design (including SEO tags) of the website so it gets good ranking? What would be the best strategy to promote such website in the Search Engines. I read somewhere that images should not be linked from the provider site and should be saved on local server for improve SEO, is that correct?

Comments on this post

• earnwithforum agrees : great sharing see this BEST SEO TIPS http://adf.ly/K5QWq
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    You really have nothing as far as listings within Google SERPs. Will the hotel data provider allow you to augment their supplied/duplicate content with original content that you develop, i.e. can you choose what content you can use on any given page?
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How much do you know about on page SEO? Title tags relevant for what you wish to rank for is one step, there are a plethora of additional steps, missing one, over optimizing another will lead to poor ranking.

Unless you are Highly skilled in search engine optimization it may be better to hire a SEO consultant to help you set up a game plan. I had taken that initial step and hired a SEO professional myself and over time with Considerable time invested in study and testing I became skilled in ranking websites. But I hired someone In the beginning to give me a booster shot, I would Suggest you may want to take that same approach.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thank you guys for the replies.

@SEO_AM: yes, we would have the ability to add our own data wherever we want. Provider doesn't apply such conditions.

@PathwayIns: I concur with you but unfortunately the site development is currently going on and we don't have enough budget to hire an SEO at this point. Once the development is complete, we will look for hiring an SEO.
  9. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

@OP,
    Duplicate content (crawl-able) definitely hurt your ranking and entire domain's authority. so it is better to display such information on non-crawl-able area. (i.e. iframe). Besides this non-crawlable content segment, you can have optimized content resides on your each landing page that actually helps you rank higher.

If hotels' detail is not too large and if you can produce worth detailed description for each hotel listing, do it. It will help you lot to gain organic ranking.
    Lead, follow or leave the way...
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

@SEO_AM: yes, we would have the ability to add our own data wherever we want. Provider doesn't apply such conditions.
    There's your answer.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : Yup! Make duplicate uncrawlable and create original content for the user and Google.
  13. No Profile Picture

first of you check your website and modify duplicate content and next you updates new unique content if you don't updates content google panda penalized your site and all keyword ranked are down this is not a good for your self i think you must take a action and resolved this problem nice job keep it up
  15. No Profile Picture

SEO panda updates 25 happens recently, even they have mentioned clearly that website content should be more unique than earlier.
  17. No Profile Picture

So Change your website content because as soon as posible because google might be blog your website
  19. No Profile Picture

This issue is very common with ecommerce sites where specifications of the products are same. Now plan in a big way to have blog related to your site. Here create content, of quality and promote on internet through face book and twitter. Understand product description is different from various other things like products usage benefits. You can write lots of content related to your category. This way you will start getting links to your site.