1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO - Value of Reviews

Hi people, i have just got a small point to discuss here as my site Funspot Trampolines has got a good number of customer reviews but they are being displayed to the user with the help of ajax & i know google is not very comfortable in reading ajax. I am also aware that google likes fresh content, so I am thinking of posting a couple or three changing reviews preloaded on the page but the point is that will this review display section at all benefit my site ranking, or in any other terms getting your customer reviews crawled by google has any merit.
  3. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Genuine Customer Reviews are always an asset for your marketing effort, ONLY when the positioning/placing is correct.

1. IMHO check out the page that gets most of the traffic using the stats, and place some reviews on that page easily visible to the visitors, Ofcourse braging about the authenticity of the reviews as well.

2. Reviews published on homepage strategically also do work. Here in strategically means, The Review acts as a keyword rich content for the website as well, along with being a trust enhancer.

3. Genuine reviews and case studies are a good option increase your trust amongst your visitors, so highlight them where so ever you publish it, somewhat in diff color. which is quiet catchy..

4. Not only that, If some high profile person of your industry, (well reputed n known) reviews your product, do highlight it and get links for that reviews page. you are bound to see some good traffic there..

I know many SEM experts who place thier customer reviews along with photographs on the homepage. Silver Line is, The reviews are designed as such that they make a nice content (KW rich) for the overall page..

And Yes, It works..

Hope that helps.. Regards
    LKS

Comments on this post

• JagNet agrees
    Link Diary - Build Links Fast & Easy. Similar to Linkmarket, with option of three way link exchange and anchor rotation.

**"Save SEO Industry - GO VIRAL!! - Tips and Tricks ."**
    **"Live, not just to survive, But to Rule."**
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by lovekills_s
    Genuine Customer Reviews are always an asset for your marketing effort, ONLY when the positioning/placing is correct.

1. IMHO check out the page that gets most of the traffic using the stats, and place some reviews on that page easily visible to the visitors, Ofcourse braging about the authenticity of the reviews as well.

2. Reviews published on homepage strategically also do work. Here in strategically means, The Review acts as a keyword rich content for the website as well, along with being a trust enhancer.

3. Genuine reviews and case studies are a good option increase your trust amongst your visitors, so highlight them where so ever you publish it, somewhat in diff color. which is quiet catchy..

4. Not only that, If some high profile person of your industry, (well reputed n known) reviews your product, do highlight it and get links for that reviews page. you are bound to see some good traffic there..

I know many SEM experts who place thier customer reviews along with photographs on the homepage. Silver Line is, The reviews are designed as such that they make a nice content (KW rich) for the overall page..

And Yes, It works..

Hope that helps.. Regards
    LKS
    thanks sir for that genuine knowledge, one more thing i would like to know is how will the search engine treat these reviews as authenticated means this can also be used as spam techniques by some blak hat seo's.
  7. Smoke me a kipper...
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by kevinhall
    so I am thinking of posting a couple or three changing reviews preloaded on the page but the point is that will this review display section at all benefit my site ranking, or in any other terms getting your customer reviews crawled by google has any merit.
    As lovekills_s already mentioned, it provides some additional content for the page and usually makes for some great longtail queries.

As well as preloading a few reviews into the main page, I'd consider providing a standard html link to the additional reviews for both the search engines and users without Javascript enabled. Your Javascript function can override the standard link so that you still get the benefits of AJAX for the average site visitor.

Rule of thumb -- AJAX functionality should always be built over the top of an already working site, and not be used as a replacement for basic functions such as links and html pages. This way your site is good for users, good for accessibility, and good for search engines.
    ... I'll be back for breakfast
    New to SEO? SEOChat SEO FAQs
    Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines
    URL canonicalization code solutions
    Vigorously pursuing the floccinaucinihilipilification of cheap SEO tricks
  9. Smoke me a kipper...
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by kevinhall
    how will the search engine treat these reviews as authenticated means this can also be used as spam techniques by some blak hat seo's.
    You should always have some method for previewing any reviews before they get added to the public face of your site. Not only are there those who would spam the comments for getting links, but also competitors, some of whom would have no qualms leaving a bad review (whilst recommending their own services no doubt).

If you find yourself targetted by spam bots using the comment form, then some anti-bot measures would be of use, such as CAPTCHA images (effective, if something of a nuisance for genuine reviewers), bad-word or html filters, or 3rd party services such as Akismet.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by JagNet
    You should always have some method for previewing any reviews before they get added to the public face of your site. Not only are there those who would spam the comments for getting links, but also competitors, some of whom would have no qualms leaving a bad review (whilst recommending their own services no doubt).

If you find yourself targetted by spam bots using the comment form, then some anti-bot measures would be of use, such as CAPTCHA images (effective, if something of a nuisance for genuine reviewers), bad-word or html filters, or 3rd party services such as Akismet.
    no my review section is fully managed from the backend, my customers send me their reviews through emails, i jst got to activate them.
  13. I Never Finish Anythi
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

The Authenticity can be validated possibly by a few means:

1. Publish the e-mail address of the customer along with the review

2. Publish is cell/contact number

3. Attach a pic with his consent ofcourse

4. Politely request him that in case anyone asks you about our service please say the same words (Ofcourse if your service is real good, you will not need this step)

5. Audio Clips do help, and ofcourse video clips directly from the customers ofcourse if they can spare out time.. send your HR and marketing team out for that reason.

6. Anyone can really use a content writer to make false reviews, by using any of the above said methods one can really differentiate between a real and a fake review.. i am not sayin all the above steps are proof, just that, Dont only include All +ve reviews for your business sake.

Post Real, Un-Biased reviews, even if one or two neutrals come in, let them in, be very careful with negative.. dont publish them, however neutrals with a miz of +ve works as a great combination for a visitor to trust them