Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO takes too much of my time !! please help

Hi

I have website I have made using word-press ans a theme called photoctrati (photography theme).

I have done what I believe to be the correct apparatchik for on site seo and have tested with various tools to confirm that I am on right track and would appear that I am.

I have registered with 5 high ranking photography forums and have been actively involved for some time until recently (use my signature with anchor text and link back to my site.

This in conjunction to directory listings etc.

I gained a position of 10 for the search "photographer wellington" witch I was happy with.

As I have stopped doing this work I have dropped to 32 and basically got sick of doing it and seems to take up a lot of time.

I am wanting to know what the most effective and time efficient ways I can improve my ranking ??

Feedback Welcome
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

sorry there are no good shortcuts that I know of that will insure a healthy good ranking for your site. You need quality links beyond forum spam and directory submissions.

I know that sucks. Now I have a question for you: If I buy a $50.00 camera can you teach me to take the same quality pictures you have on your site very quickly? (they are very nice btw, you have talent)

Seriously, I am concerned that you dropped to #32. Are there even 32 wedding photographers in your geo-target? You may have been slapped. Do you have a webmaster tools account?
  5. No Profile Picture

karlonz

There is no short cut way in seo as it never called one day as well over night it take time to visible on rank every web site .

we can help you to make you rank on 1st page Google but before that as we need to know the web site url as you mention already the keyword photographer wellington" .

7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO is a long term process and does not give instant results. Continuous work is needed to rank well on the search engines. So do your work regularly for getting result.
  9. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Generally, if SEO takes too much of your time or you do not have the time to learn it on your own, it's time to consider hiring someone to do it for you. With that, comes an added expense which may or may not be affordable to you. It's a tough decision to make. There are quite a few qualified SEO's on this forum (KP, joshz, tstobler)

Photography is a hobby of mine and I tend to revisit sites where the content (articles, images, tips, etc.) are easy for someone at my knowledge level to comprehend, flows nicely and presents tips & tricks to expand my knowledge in an easy to read format. Camera settings are technical and it's easy to get lose or confused. You will have visitors with variable degrees of expertise and you will have to see where to focus your efforts.

If I were you, I would stick to what you know and focus on creating awesome content. It certainly cannot hurt you. Since you say your on-site optimization is ok, sift through the data and give your visitors what they want. Great content will eventually yield links which will help boost your rankings.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  11. No Profile Picture

It would be better to write your content properly with right keywords selected. Also you should be doing on-page and off-page optimization. Also should be doing social bookmarking and forum postings.
  13. SEO Since 97

I am wanting to know what the most effective and time efficient ways I can improve my ranking ??
    There's only two ways, PPC which is ongoing or hire someone who knows what their doing as Lb mentioned and any one of those mentioned can do the job.
  15. Roll the dice.. and live

Originally Posted by karlonz

Feedback Welcome
    Personally I welcome the fact that gaining rankings is hard. Barriers are not your enemy they are your friend…. If it was easy then achieving it would be near worthless….

My feedback is that you seem to have started chasing rankings without doing any meaningful research into what drives rankings… What you have been doing is largely wasting your time and effort. The things you mention are near useless in helping a website to rank…

So to start… Learn what does work and stop wasting time on what does not work is my advice…..

Good luck…

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees : About as straight to the point as you can get
    Live the moment
  17. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by gazzahk
    So to start… Learn what does work and stop wasting time on what does not work is my advice…..
    Good luck…
    With that said, start reading the stickies on this forum.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by karlonz
    Hi

I have website I have made using word-press ans a theme called photoctrati (photography theme).

I have done what I believe to be the correct apparatchik for on site seo and have tested with various tools to confirm that I am on right track and would appear that I am.

I have registered with 5 high ranking photography forums and have been actively involved for some time until recently (use my signature with anchor text and link back to my site.

This in conjunction to directory listings etc.

I gained a position of 10 for the search "photographer wellington" witch I was happy with.

As I have stopped doing this work I have dropped to 32 and basically got sick of doing it and seems to take up a lot of time.

Feedback Welcome
    Hii karlonz,

There is no shortcut ways in seo to improve your website rankings. Seo is the ongoing activity which never stops. You have to watch daily what your competitors are doing for their websites. You have to make your seo strategy by watching your competitors seo activities.
  21. No Profile Picture

Please write exactly how many times a day took your job. ? And what kind of traffic you have had a before and after. thanks
  23. No Profile Picture

SEO is a time consuming process. So its take time to improve for getting #1 position.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO is an ongoing process, please don’t think you’ll flip a switch and it’ll happen that fast...You’d require rigorous and consistent on-page and off-page optimization efforts to outdo your niche competitors...
    I’d leave you with Google’s SEO guide:
    http://static.googleusercontent.com/...rter-guide.pdf
  27. No Profile Picture

It requires continuous efforts to maintain current position and you should apply best strategy to do so. PPC is another option to get more traffic for targeted keywords.
  29. No Profile Picture

SEO takes time but it gives an huge ROI. If you working on a relevant blogs, forums , social media groups , high PR blogs site etc. It gives you rapid result. Relevancy is the backbone for any niche.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: