Thread: SEO and Servers

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO and Servers

Our website is set on a load balancer where it is on supposed to sync back and forth between 2 servers (i.e. -Server 1 and Server 2).

I noticed that there are times when the servers are not in sync. Server 1 has an updated version of the website and Server 2 has the older version that does not match Server 1.

I made an update to our website and asked a co-worker to check out the changes that I made on her end. She said she didn't see the changes that I made and we ruled out clearing cache, history, etc... We then found out that I was seeing our website on Server 1 and she was seeing the old version of the website on Server 2. It took over an hour for Server 2 to sync with Server 1.

My Question: If users are seeing two different versions of our website due to our servers not being in sync...does Google see this too and is this considered duplicate content? Does it hurt us that our servers are not syncing automatically in real-time and two different versions are being produced?

I'm not familiar with load balancers and how it affects SEO.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

mmmmm that's very strange, first time I heard about such unusual situation. I suggest using server 2 for backups only and focus on server 1 only. If the servers are not in sync it's better to change the config so only one server works for the pages.