Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

This SEO Question will blow your mind

My competitors do not refresh or update content and still on Top in rankings, i update my websites regularly as Google likes fresh content but still i am low in rankings? Anybody can explain this

Thanks
    Last edited by davidbaba; Jul 21st, 2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Title
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

That is a mind blowing question? A mind blowing answer is who knows with the information you posted.
  5. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by davidbaba
    My competitors do not refresh or update content and still on Top in rankings, i update my websites regularly as Google likes fresh content but still i am low in rankings? Anybody can explain this

Thanks
    I have a lot of sites that I do not refresh or update (one of them not for years) and they rank fine. why is that mind blowing?
    Where did Google say they like fresh content?
  7. No Profile Picture

check here: in Part 2 of 3 Google shows it like Freshness: https://www.google.com/insidesearch/...orks/thestory/
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Just because it is newer doesn't mean it's better. Spend more time on your content, make it worth reading and linking to.
  11. SEO Since 97

It's really not about freshness, it's more about good compelling content, Like this forum, people continue to post crap but you'll also see compelling content about seo which is why this forum ranks so well. So think of it as fresh compelling content...there's where you'll have a winner.

Comments on this post

• mainstwebguy agrees : Said perfectly
  13. No Profile Picture

can you please tell how to write good content, Google is machine, so how Google detect that content is good or not? if my content is good for users and not come in searches then how people know my content is good?
  15. SEO Since 97

If your writing the content, it's bad looking at your posts here. Google likes good grammer and everything that goes with it
  17. No Profile Picture

check this website has very low and not very good content and still comes top in google.com, keyword is: loan finance perth, website is theloanco.com.au/
  19. SEO Since 97

Not going to check, why you say, because it's about loans, google doesn't like those kind of sites because of eccesive spam, your playing in a bad neighborhood.
  21. No Profile Picture

its to show you that even low quality sites rank, so content not matter for Google
  23. SEO Since 97

...ok if you think so.
  25. Contributing User

Originally Posted by davidbaba
    can you please tell how to write good content, Google is machine, so how Google detect that content is good or not? if my content is good for users and not come in searches then how people know my content is good?
    The basics are always a must:
    1. correct spelling
    2. use proper grammar (ex: You're going to like this. Not: Your going going to like this.)
    3. use proper sentence structure
    4. proper punctuation

Other than that it's going to vary a bit based on the niche... One way I test my content (especially when doing work in a niche I am not familiar with) is to ask a friend to read through the content I wrote and tell me what they think. If they understand everything clearly and have minimal questions, I did good work. If they have questions or aren't clear about certain topics, those are the areas that need to be addressed.

Now you also want to make sure what you're writing is worth reading. A website shouldn't (in most cases) read like a text book... instead, try to make it read like you would speak.
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein
  27. Contributing User

Links help Google determine authority. Promote your content. It's easier said than done but, if you get the content in front of the right audience and it's truly worth sharing they will link to you. Try finding your competitors top content pieces, then create a better version, get in front of those who link to them and pitch them on linking to your version.

Use a tool like SEMRush and search their domain to see which of their pages are getting the most traffic. Create similar but better content. Those pages may have links to them, use any link finding tool, ahrefs, magestic, etc and create a list of site owners to reach out to. Outreach is hard, don't be discouraged when you don't get a response but, when you do, take notes on what worked and repeat that.

As suggested above, this content needs to be well written and insightful, otherwise you're not going to get anybody to read it.

Comments on this post

• davidbaba agrees
  29. No Profile Picture

How to promote content and find right audience? can you please tell this clearly
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: