Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

there is no software for that. why not try to hire a freelancer? article posted will be unique. plus he will post it for you
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    This is a non-issue for SEO Practitioning.
    I understand the clowder of lemmings will follow whatever GWT / cutts tells them but I still hold that relevant content should be placed in a subfolder and non relevant content should be placed in a subdomain. I have no interest in changing this until it is proven by my own ranks / research that it makes no difference.

OR (I'm old, forgive me) I might have been suggesting he not use a free wordpress hosting service... for obvious reasons. Either way my short answer sucked :/

I agree that when going off the grid we should add an explanation though so I appreciate you pointing out that my answer was inadequate. There will be no invoice sent for this 3 minutes of typing.

Thank you
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jan 30th, 2013 at 06:50 AM.
  5. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I understand the clowder of lemmings will follow whatever GWT / cutts tells them but I still hold that relevant content should be placed in a subfolder and non relevant content should be placed in a subdomain. I have no interest in changing this until it is proven by my own ranks / research that it makes no difference.

OR (I'm old, forgive me) I might have been suggesting he not use a free wordpress hosting service... for obvious reasons. Either way my short answer sucked :/

I agree that when going off the grid we should add an explanation though so I appreciate you pointing out that my answer was inadequate. There will be no invoice sent for this 3 minutes of typing.

Thank you
    Maintaining the status quo does not constitute research. Your own ranks cannot prove anything other than a known willingness to remain ignorant. IMHO.
  7. Agency SEO

IMHO.
    imho? seriously? you do understand the h stands for humble don't you?

If I am wrong and it turns out that I should have followed everyone else, that path will still be there. In the meantime I will do no harm by sticking to my mantra that relevant blogs should be placed in a sub folder and non-relevant blogs should be placed in a sub-domain.

That is what we're talking about here, right Fathom?

Here's a little history: Every website owner hears that they should have a blog: OMG YOU MUST BLOOOOOG!! So I build them a blog, teach them how to use it and they are awesome bloggers for 2 weeks. At this point there is a split between the dedicated and the awesome starters. I get 6 nice relevant posts in 14 days from both groups. The next 2 weeks the awesome starters give me 3. After a month I get 1 in a week then none. Then they wake up and start blogging about their cat, their receptionist is getting married, and finally pictures of cookies that Mabel brought for everyone.

Now IMO (H left out intentionally) this content just does not go well with my awesome links pointing to real issues facing environmental insurance agencies, attorneys, fire alarm inspectors, uniform manufacturers.... I want cookie content in a sub-domain as far away from the main source of authority as I can get it.

The dedicated are still there, pounding away, producing link bait that makes my life easy. This content can be moved to sub folders anytime I want.

I suppose if this approach makes me "ignorant" then so be it.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

imho? seriously? you do understand the h stands for humble don't you?
    I've always meant it as "Honest".

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : thank you for your valuable contribution
  11. rod@missionop.com

That is what we're talking about here, right Fathom?
    Actually...

If you use worpress make sure it is not installed as a subdomain
    Make sure sounds like a serious issue

...and I said

This is a non-issue for SEO Practitioning.
    Now we can dismiss all the rherotic after that as colorful & irrelevant ... but how serious is your serious claim?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: