1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO juice on Press Release

Hi Everyone

Approximately how much SEO juice produce a monthly press release in important national papers?
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Paper can't pass SEO juice (aka pagerank). However virtually all SEO people who have worked in competitive markets feel that user behavior plays an important role in SEO. So if people see the story in the paper, go to the website in great numbers and stay there for a good bit it would probably help you.
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Mar 23rd, 2018 at 03:54 AM.
  5. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by universo
    Hi Everyone

Approximately how much SEO juice produce a monthly press release in important national papers?
    Not directly but you can get linkback from other external resources due to this
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hi Universo,
    The only correct answer is, "it depends". Many factors come into play when you ask about link juice or PageRank that is passed between pages. These include:

• Is the link "follow" or "nofollow"?
    • Does the News site allow Google to pass PageRank through its pages?
    • How much PageRank will the linked news page pass to your site after its internal PageRank is shared amongst the millions of pages published on a news site?
    • How is its content organised around info topics?
    • Does it organise its content around themes relevant to your business?
    • Are its pages archived chronologically?
    • How quickly will your linked page retain its link value?

This question came up as an aside in another post. The subject news site assessed was CNN.com and the discussion was around the value of a link from it. There are a number of SEO Chat threads over a couple of pages here.

It seems CNN.com contains around 2.7 million pages indexed by Google. For this news site, I could not find any permanent Googlebot pathways to the site's news article pages that passed link juice or PageRank..

I believe CNN.com is not unusual as a news website. It is pushing out hundreds of articles per day written/submitted by large numbers of journos and associates. I expect it is not able to maintain SEO control over the individual articles so it publishes a bunch (thousands) of upper level search landing pages that are targeted at generic news search queries.

None of these thousands of CNN pages seem to include any permanent links to third party web pages.

It seems a link from an article published on CNN.com will not have any lasting "SEO juice" value.

You will need to make all these PageRank value assessments for every single "important national paper" site you are considering before you can make any assessment of the value of a link from it..

Comments on this post

• universo agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Mar 24th, 2018 at 04:01 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Don't all important national papers have their online versions these days? Yes, I am sure links from them will help a lot, but it depends on a lot of factors.
  11. No Profile Picture

The condition that could determine that lies on the website owner, it may pass page rank and it may not i.e. Dofollow or nofollow...so where ever the press release or the link comes from does not matter...

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial : The source of the link does matter for other reasons
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; May 5th, 2018 at 10:07 PM. Reason: removed link and warned
  13. No Profile Picture

The authority (preferably high) of the website determines the link juice it will pass...that's to the best of my knowledge

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial : Again you are wrong
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

What determines the amount of juice that is passed is the Site's Page Rank, not it's Domain Authority

The actual PR of the site sending you the link divided by the number of links on the page that point to other web pages , either on the same site or out bound to other sites.

Example ....

Some page has 10 links that point to other pages, (either on site or off site), has a navigation menu that consist of 10 links.

Total links leaving that page 20. Say said site has a PR of 2. Then the basic equation becomes as below, there are others dampening factors to consider, but for purposes here this will suffice.

2 / 20 = .1 so any link on that page that is a do follow will pass .1 PR .

The point is no where is Domain Authority used in this calculation. Also no matter if all links are "do follow" or just some of the links are "do follow". They will only pass .1 link juice.
  17. No Profile Picture

I'm not disputing your explanation but with my little experience in SEO and the clarity I'm trying to make, Google have stopped updating their Page Rank (PR), the preferable metric they use now is Moz Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) and both range from 1-100, so if I talk about high authority websites, I meant websites with notably high DA and PA authority and these equally means high Page Rank (PR)

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial : You are totally wrong again
    Last edited by Lolu; May 6th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hi LOlu

Originally Posted by Lolu
    Google have stopped updating their Page Rank (PR),
    You are only partially wrong here !

They have only removed and stopped updating the Public's view of Page Rank. Google internally still uses Page Rank calculations in it's ranking factors, but it is no longer view-able by the public to prevent link manipulation.

the preferable metric they use now is Moz Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) and both range from 1-100
    WRONG !!!! WRONG !!!!

Google has NEVER USED MOZ DA /PA, DOESN'T USE IT CURRENTLY ! Moz DA /PA metrics are just that. Moz metrics not Google Metrics. Chasing Moz DA / PA will get your site in some pretty hot and damaging water if you just blindly follow those metrics!

so if I talk about high authority websites, I meant websites with notably high DA and PA authority and these equally means high Page Rank (PR)
    AGAIN WRONG !!!! WRONG !!!! WRONG !!!!

Moz DA / PA again are Moz metrics, which was developed as a replacement for Google PR which was removed from the public's view !! There are many sites out there that have a high moz da pa and will hurt your site. We see it here all the time. Folks go out building links based on high DA / PA sites and then come here and ask for help. They then find out that their link building has damaged or destroyed their site !

You are incorrect in your assumptions, your facts, and that means your advice is flawed !. You need to educate yourself, learn the topic you are expounding to be knowledgeable in, and link building appears to be one of your WEAKER SUITES of Skills.

Your advice and approach is highly dangerous. I am trying not to be rude here, but you are persisting in posting false, bad information. Many folks come here looking for answers and your are at best just wrong, and if anyone just follows your advice blindly, they will wreck their site.

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
    • universo agrees
  21. No Profile Picture

OK, hauling insults at me is unnecessary! No one is Mr know all...I analyze a link before I go for it, you can barn me from your forum if you see me as a confusion, but I'm purposely here to air my opinion which I'm entitled to
  23. No Profile Picture

If you take what I am saying as an out and out insult, I apologize. Not meant as such. Sometimes it is hard to separate criticism from insult. I understand that and that is why I sent you a pm.
  25. No Profile Picture

You are welcome bro, I'm still a learner in SEO, so the door of my head is open to knowledge
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Mistake

Sorry I have made a mistake
    Last edited by universo; May 8th, 2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: it should be in another post