1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO impact by building a specific Mobile version of my site?

Hi all,

I have a site ranking very well for my targeted terms. I've noticed that 52% of my traffic is via mobile devices yet i haven't set up a specific mobile site to date. Now despite this the bounce rate from mobile device users is pretty much the same as desktop users so the fact that my site isn't optimized for mobile publishing doesn't seem to bother my users.

I've recently been looking into developing a mobile version purely because i can see potential to lower my bounce rate if the site was specifically designed to suit. However for the mobile version, i would very much like to cut out some of the content and keep it very basic with call to actions throughout to make the user experience very good. I don't want my users scrolling through lots of text, i want them to carry out a specific set of steps.

This leads to my question - If i remove practically all content from the mobile version, so it leaves just call to actions, will that have an impact on the ranking of the site? Obviously the desktop version will remain as is, with all the content in tact but if i create a specific trimmed down mobile version of the site, will this effect the ranking of the site on mobile devices? Does Google have separate desktop and mobile serps?

Not sure if i've explained that well enough but will appreciate any thoughts.
  3. No Profile Picture

If you want to stop your mobile site's bounce rate then your desktop website should have a mobile version fully optimized website for it i wanna share a toll just go through it and learn how to optimized your mobile website that is MOFUSE.