1. No Profile Picture

SEO for duplicate text

Hi There,

We currently have a blog in tumblr which features articles from various places on the web (eg .net magazine, web designer magazine) word for word

The blog feed links through to our website by rss.

For SEO PURPOSES HOW DO I GET AROUND POSTING AN ARTICLE FROM SOMEONE ELSES SITE ON MY SITE. IS IT ENOUGH TO PROVIDE THE ARTICLE WITH A LINK WHICH POINTS BACK TO THE PLACE WHERE I GOT THE ARTICLE FROM

Thanks in advance
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hello, welcome to the forum! No, you must create your own content. Why would Google list you in their results if all you have to offer is the same thing as someone else?

Comments on this post

• ChillDot agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

our site is has completely new content. Our blog on tumblr features interesting articles about web design and new tech that are in web magazines. How do you reference articles and not get penalised by search engines???
  7. No Profile Picture

Thank you very much for your assistance. Gotta rethink my blog posts.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Astonmead,

I have targeted my site for SEO in India but results are Showing in google USA. My country preference is india in webmaster and hosting is indian hosting.

e.g. Search on google.com GMAT Classroom Coaching third result for careerlauncher

But in google.co.in its Not ranking anywhere, Please let me know what to do .. and why its showing issue .. i have this problem with only 2 pages .
  11. No Profile Picture

these keywords were ranking on .co.in in last week, but suddenly disappear from google. If i search the Whole title of that page, even that time this page is not visible. this is some technical issue

Try This on google.co.in GMAT Preparation via Classroom Coaching, Books for GMAT careerlauncher the target page is /gmat/index.php
  13. No Profile Picture

SEO is depend on 2 thinks 1 is content and second is linking, so becareful to your website, always write a unique and noncopied content, if you want to get a best position in google search engine.
  15. No Profile Picture

What about just spin the content and provide the article link? Is that ok also?
  17. No Profile Picture

yes unique content will be good for your blog and you should always use the same in future also.thx

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Always use unique content for every single web page.
  21. A Developers Perspective
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Why should google give you a position? what are you adding that is new, for all you have said above I agree with Kernel, you are just repeating someone elses work.

now if you were writing a blog post about a number of articles written on other websites that would be different, you write your views and add your piece, then link and reference to the articles where you obtained information.

Otherwise you just seem to be another one of those, "let me copy someone elses work and give me all the credit". If you are one of those, stop, re-evaluate your blog and start again.....for the sake of the people who actually do write the content
    If you are new to SEO please read these, On-Page Optimisation and Meta data before asking questions.

Or if you would just like to view my website: http://www.cwhittaker.com, State SEOCHAT for 10% off custom websites