1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO for dating site

I published new online dating site UK/US members only. I am new to dating business and what are best options for me to do seo? Should I focus on to getting members first rather than focusing on SEO? To get members I have an idea like offering 75/$100 amazon voucher for 1 luck winner if they sign up this month and advertise my site on a few facebook pages which has a lot of fans and upload video to youtube about my site. What do you guys think or what else can I do?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO and Marketing are two different things, you are asking which one and you probably need both. People love free stuff.... especially money.

As far as SEO, you need web presence.... and you need it yesterday, so start SEO now. Engaging in SEO properly can sometimes be quick to set, but not so quick to reap the rewards from. You will have to work long nights to get a solid SEO campaign going, start now!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi technician27,

I'm a little confused with your question. The reason people "do" SEO is so they can attract visitors to their website. Your question makes it seem like you need visitors first "before" doing SEO, which is not the case at all...

What I do know is that the dating space is one of the most competitive niches online today. It's dominated by the mega-brand dating sites and there are dozens of smaller fish dating sites out there too competing for visitors as well. The barrier to ranking well and attracting visitors in that space is very high.

With a lot of effort and grit, could you rank well for dating terms? Sure. Will that take months to years or perhaps never? Yes. So figuring out a strategy to diversify your traffic sources so your site isn't overly reliant on any one of them is vital right now.

I'd encourage you to invest in short-term strategies to drum up some buzz and visitors to your site that don't involve SEO. Hopefully, those visitors can generate some revenue to keep your business afloat and even produce profits that you can re-invest in a long term SEO strategy. The two need to go hand in hand - short term goals/strategies and long term. It's unrealistic to expect SEO to deliver quality results in the short term in the dating space - it's a long term endeavor or none at all. So do both, but realize it's the non-SEO stuff that is going to drive visitors to the site in the short term.

Hope that helps!
  7. No Profile Picture

I think you should use some kind of a dating quiz etc, or a flow chart on how to find a perfect match. I just found this and used today and found it a good example: <snip>
    Last edited by dzine; Oct 5th, 2013 at 03:24 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

this is not a good people. first focus on your site seo on page and off page and "User Interface" of your site add interactive gadgets to your site
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your advice. I think I should change my question to should I focus on to SEO or marketing for quick turn visitors in short term and who will sign up for my site. I think I found the answer already today I am offering some freebies for people who sign up this month and within 4 hours 24 people signed up. Once I reach 1k members I think I will start generating more traffic and members.

Originally Posted by daniel.o
    Hi technician27,

I'm a little confused with your question. The reason people "do" SEO is so they can attract visitors to their website. Your question makes it seem like you need visitors first "before" doing SEO, which is not the case at all...

What I do know is that the dating space is one of the most competitive niches online today. It's dominated by the mega-brand dating sites and there are dozens of smaller fish dating sites out there too competing for visitors as well. The barrier to ranking well and attracting visitors in that space is very high.

With a lot of effort and grit, could you rank well for dating terms? Sure. Will that take months to years or perhaps never? Yes. So figuring out a strategy to diversify your traffic sources so your site isn't overly reliant on any one of them is vital right now.

I'd encourage you to invest in short-term strategies to drum up some buzz and visitors to your site that don't involve SEO. Hopefully, those visitors can generate some revenue to keep your business afloat and even produce profits that you can re-invest in a long term SEO strategy. The two need to go hand in hand - short term goals/strategies and long term. It's unrealistic to expect SEO to deliver quality results in the short term in the dating space - it's a long term endeavor or none at all. So do both, but realize it's the non-SEO stuff that is going to drive visitors to the site in the short term.

Hope that helps!