1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Sandbox question...

Sorry to ask a newbie type question... But do individual pages get sandboxed or is it relative to the whole site? I launced my site last spring and my homepage has a page rank and ranks quite well for certain keywords on that page. I changed some of my internal urls to make them better optimized back in Dec. Those pages missed the Jan PR update because of this. I am not getting good results with those changed pages which I'm assuming is because they have no PR? Are those pages in a "sandbox" because they are new as of Dec 2004?

Thanks
  3. Domain Hatcher
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

5. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by pcurwen
    Sorry to ask a newbie type question... But do individual pages get sandboxed or is it relative to the whole site? I launced my site last spring and my homepage has a page rank and ranks quite well for certain keywords on that page. I changed some of my internal urls to make them better optimized back in Dec. Those pages missed the Jan PR update because of this. I am not getting good results with those changed pages which I'm assuming is because they have no PR? Are those pages in a "sandbox" because they are new as of Dec 2004?

Thanks
    Try reading any and all of these threads.
    http://forums.seochat.com/showthread...334#post163334
    http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.php?p=137925#post137925

Comments on this post

• 75c agrees : or both :)
    I love SEO Chat.
  7. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I make new pages on one of my site that will make it to the first page of the serps in 2-3 days. So the page itself is not sandboxed or it would not do it in 2-3 days. The links to that page are as fresh as the new page, but they are on good pages that get crawled everyday.The site itself is not sanboxed for sure, it has like 3 years old.

So I think changing the urls did the problem. I would think you did not put a 301 redirect on the old URL to the new one and this made the new pages go back to square one. If those new pages have low link amount from your internal pages or those pages linking to them are not crawled everyday, it will be longer for the new urls to have some kickdown in serps...
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...