1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Same title on thousands of pages, good or bad?

Hi guys, was wondering if I could get your opinion on this. I have a very large database site which spits out videos for users. I've been able to make static URLs so that it goes artist_song_name.html to make it nice with engines, but I have a question. I'm using the same keyword/title tag for about 11,000 pages.

Is this okay with Google, or something they won't like? Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Insomnia
    Hi guys, was wondering if I could get your opinion on this. I have a very large database site which spits out videos for users. I've been able to make static URLs so that it goes artist_song_name.html to make it nice with engines, but I have a question. I'm using the same keyword/title tag for about 11,000 pages.

Is this okay with Google, or something they won't like? Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
    I don't think it will hurt any more than it already has, but I do think that if you replaced the title with the url extensions, minus the underscores, you would enhance your rankings.

I wouls also replace the underscores in your url's to hyphens. This will seperate the words for the bots rather than running the words/keywords together.

Gary
  5. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

The best answer is it would be better to have unique relevant titles for each page.

I use includes for my layout and often just say screw it and leave the title static. Occasionally, for special pages I'll go in and adjust it. It is just a serrious pain in the donkey.

My results are good but i know they would be better if I had unique titles for each page.
  7. Croatia - Hrvatska

make all title and meta tags unique on all 11 000 page's (add just new row in table for that, for title, for meta description and for meta keywords) and you will see big jump in your statistic, very big
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I could grab title of the song and artist from the SQL and then put it in the title, so the title tag would show up uniquely for every page like:

Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson - //Keywords//Site.com

Would this help much? Would it slow down the performance of my site as well?

Thanks
  11. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

That would be great. If it slows it down at all you shouldn't notice - its back-end and would take a hundredth of a second.
  13. Croatia - Hrvatska

I could grab title of the song and artist from the SQL and then put it in the title, so the title tag would show up uniquely for every page like:

Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson - //Keywords//Site.com

Would this help much? Would it slow down the performance of my site as well?

Thanks
    this would be first step, but you don't need BY make it like this:

Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
    or
    Since U Been Gone | Kelly Clarkson

you can also put more song words in title to get wide with small keywords

and also same stuff for metas just put more song words in metas, more songs from kelly clarkson, related stuff but all unique