1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Same IP,Two Website

I have two website A and B in the same Ip in Goddady , on A website, i do link exchange with other site ,and let them to add B site, in short,it is one way link exchange.

I donot know whether google ban this kind one way link exchange?
  3. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I don't see any problem with that since you do a 3 way link exchange. And also google doesn't banned site that has the same IP but it only lessen the value.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If they have the same IP and you "overlink" them it will raise red flags, even if you have them on the same server with different IPs it can cause issues. Just becareful.
  7. No Profile Picture

Yes. I recommend.

Use dedicate ip Or Ip class C.

I confirm.
  9. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by hench2020
    I have two website A and B in the same Ip in Goddady , on A website, i do link exchange with other site ,and let them to add B site, in short,it is one way link exchange.

I donot know whether google ban this kind one way link exchange?
    I would recommend that you read google terms of service.

I would focus on anything to do with manipulation of ranks. That's what you are doing. It is very low value and if a pattern is formed you could face a slap.

If this is the extent of your SEO then IMHO you are in trouble!

Comments on this post

• realityhack agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by lewisdb
    I would recommend that you read google terms of service.

I would focus on anything to do with manipulation of ranks. That's what you are doing. It is very low value and if a pattern is formed you could face a slap.

If this is the extent of your SEO then IMHO you are in trouble!
    But I am puzzled ,when the big site could create blog ,for example,it is www.Abc.com,and user create their own blog ,such as www.qq.abc.com www.bb.abc.com www.cc.abc.com ,are they all harmful to the main site?
    Last edited by hench2020; Jul 3rd, 2009 at 03:36 AM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by hench2020
    But I am puzzled ,when the big site could create blog ,for example,it is www.Abc.com,and user create their own blog ,such as www.qq.abc.com www.bb.abc.com www.cc.abc.com ,are they all harmful to the main site?
    See, Google in itself have a strong technology and it knows that what is a sub-domain and it would never be negative as you are a part of main domain as a child.

The original question was 3 way linking you are having with both your website on same IP. Definately, if google considers link so important that it effect your ranking, so Google are not a fool to understand your artificial promotion which is totally not recommended....once you get trap in such case, it would be hard time for you....

I advice, either have different IP if you are so willing to go for 3 way linking only, otherwise build up your website with strong content, information and services that you get natural links, obviously everyone can't manage that as your business matters, so build other ways out but keep in mind GOOGLE IS WATCHING EVERYTHING
  15. No Profile Picture

Question

Thanks for all your reply.

Do you mean if i define the different Ip for each domain name, in spite of being in same web hosting,it is no promble for my seo way?

Is there web hosting offer different Ip for several domain name in same web hosting?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Contact your hosting provider and ask for different C class IPs.....but just a thought why do so much for 3 way linking, why not work on your website more and provide informative fresh content or build links other ways....Just a Thought...
  19. SEO Strategist
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Same IP for linking reciprocally is not gain value much and if you do over-linking , it will harm you more. For considering linking with your own site, you may take these as consideration as well.

- Different class of IP
    - Whois Information
    - Nameserver
  21. No Profile Picture

i use dedicated ip address
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jaakko
    i use dedicated ip address
    What dose "dedicated ip address" mean?

My hosting is in Goddday, do it have "dedicated ip address" for several site in same hosting space.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There is no value in excessively cross linking sites that are hosted on the same domain or owned by the same company/person. Google does NOT Ban most sites. They simply do not have the time or resources. What they do is incorporate software fixes that detect and filter.

There can be a dozen sites on the same IP... that's how shared hosting works. If you follow Matt Cutts blog (And no it's not always the 100% truth... but it's what we have) you will note that Google has addressed this issue many times.

Turns out they understand that one bad guy sharing an IP with 10 good guys is not reason to "Ban" them all.

Focus on getting your links from other sources outside your own.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by MarketingIQ
    There is no value in excessively cross linking sites that are hosted on the same domain or owned by the same company/person. Google does NOT Ban most sites. They simply do not have the time or resources. What they do is incorporate software fixes that detect and filter.

There can be a dozen sites on the same IP... that's how shared hosting works. If you follow Matt Cutts blog (And no it's not always the 100% truth... but it's what we have) you will note that Google has addressed this issue many times.

Turns out they understand that one bad guy sharing an IP with 10 good guys is not reason to "Ban" them all.

Focus on getting your links from other sources outside your own.
    How can you question Matt cutts information, he is not declaring any information officially, it's just his guidance and its all upto you....in SEO even you can't say for anything that it is 100% truth and this is 100% false

And Google don't ban sites for a single ban site on same shared IP, but the IP have a low reputation and it effects in value not just that it Ban you.......this is the only reason why we considered Class C IP dedicated as best way...otherwise all can go for a shared IP pattern if it at all doesn't matter.
  29. No Profile Picture

It's not big trouble that two site with the same IP, the trouble is that the site can be affected by another one. of course, more less more better about the same IP.