1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Root Domain performing poorly compared with individual article pages

I have over 3000 backlinks, many from PR4+ sites coming into my root domain, and am running the Thesis theme, combined with SEOpressor.

However, the homepage is not showing up at all in Google rankings, while the other pages with far fewer backlinks are showing.

Can anybody take a quick glance to see what I may be doing wrong? It usually has worked the other way around with my other sites.

etermlifeinsurance.net

Thanks,
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Mike,

Your articles rank well for their keywords because they are extremely specific, and they aren't facing a whole lot of competition

Ex:
    "Does Prostate Cancer Prevent me from Buying LifeInsurance?"
    "Rheumatoid Arthritis Life Insurance Underwriting"

It looks like you have a lot of valuable content to work with.

Mass blog commenting is NOT going to help you combat companies like state farm for keywords such as term life insurance. If most of your 3000 come from blog comment spam, you've wasted a lot of time.

And based on this comment you left on a blog, it looks like you've been diving into directory and article spam.

Show me a site with a link to your page embedded naturally within a paragraph.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

You are correct........I have been doing a ton of blog commenting, but have been trying to focus primarily on blogs that are dofollow and have a PR of over 5..........

As a brand new site, I do not know of any other way to get many of the links that come with more established sites.......ie......having a link in the middle of the paragraph in an article...

If you have any pointers on how to start this process, then I would be eternally obliged!