1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Rollercoaster position

My site has been around for like 2 months, since then we had raitings that changes over a night: one night im #2 in google, one night im #30, and yahoo swings us from #1 to #68, then in google im back to #6, and so on.
    I have no idea what could be causing this.
    I've tried to optimise my keyword densities (site is about emo music) : 12,3% - emo; 4,96 - emo chat; 3,9 - emo forum. Then it was all quite nice. But recently i have replaced my ajax chat with flash one (and i had to use an iframe (though it links to a page on my domain) for it). After that yahoo dropped me to #68 , and google drops me down 1 position a day. I regularly post to directories (over 2000+ so far), and i really dont know where have i gone wrong. What else can i check?
    Btw the site is: emoforum.org
  3. SEO Gawdess
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

To be expected. Your site is too new to be stable. Search engines may give you an initial newness boost, but time and inbound links should steady things out.

All the directories you've submitted to, could take time to add your site to thier index, then it takes time for search engines to find your link on those directories... And, many directory sites have probably had their links devalued lately.

Get other emo sites to link to you, try getting social links in del.ico.us and others... Offer something people would want to link to you for - link bait.

My son was into emo stuff, the hair, the clothes, I don't know what else. He was visiting all kinds of emo sites, trying to get ideas on how to do his hair. I suppose he puts emo pictures on his myspace. You should offer little banners that link to emo forum for others to put on their pages.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You have to search for other related sites and link to them to be known by others. In order to gain an acceptable SERPs position, you must do link building, focus on getting one-way links and link to a well-established sites.
  7. No Profile Picture

i guess i have found the rollercoaster problem: i had very high density for "emo" once in a while(i have dynamic content on my page, and the default is 9% density for "emo", and occasionaly when 2 or 3 "emo" words were added it would raise aboove 10%).
    I have read here that google tends to penalize keyword spamming (if density is over 10%), so maybe this explain the rollercoaster
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I can't believe that noone else has stated this before, but you need to get rid of theflash and iframe as soon as possible. That is some of the worst stuff you can use when you are concerned about SE rankings. Google takes little to nothing of value from these pieces of your website, so from a search engine perspective they might as well not even be there. Regardless of the "newness" of your site or any of these other mentioned factors, you are probably being affected by these new content forms that are diluting your message with worthless code.
  11. SEO Gawdess
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

There is content other than that inside the iframe or flash pieces, but the remaining content could be better optimized, using <h#>, and whatnot.

Pages consisting of nothing but flash aren't search engine friendly, but the mere fact that you have a little animation flash object here or there doesn't poison your seo efforts.
  13. No Profile Picture

Well, i need that flash chat.....
    Users first, you know, and my users use wild browsers, so ajax chats fail
    This flash stuff (after i worked 3 days on it) now registers users as guests right away, which really sticks them to site

I may try to rid of the iframe and use only the swf inside, will that help?
    btw, after i reduced the "emo" density im again on googles first page: #5 in "emo chat" and #4 in "emo forum"

Im also trying new seo stuff: i create blogs, register them in directories and link to my site: like here: emo-forum.blogspot.com

Will that help me out?