1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Robots meta tag on individual pages

OK, bear with me here. I'm just grasping at things that could have affected my site in the mid-December bloodbath at Google. I'm looking for common ground with other sites that haven't done anything sneaky and got caught by Google in it's update mistake.

On many of my pages, I have used robots meta tags in addition to robots.txt. I read that the standard commands were "index,follow" "index,nofollow" "noindex,follow" and "noindex,nofollow". I also read that you could use "ALL" for index,follow or "NONE" for noindex,nofollow. Yet I see in Google's webmaster guidlines, they don't mention the ALL or NONE attributes. Could this be causing a problem, or does Google really not pay attention to them?

In order to optimize individual pages, I've used the ALL and NONE tags. Should these be changed to the more common index,follow command?

Drew
  3. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Nope, that shouldn't be it.

Googlebot is very polite when it comes to obeying robots rules. Mind you it also knows the (no)archive command (e.g. index,follow,noarchive), causing it to cache or not-cache your pages in the Google database.
    ...please help me w/ the real Redscowl Bluesingsky...how2 check backlinks...now postin' @ SEO Refugee ...
    <`)~ LOL now that I finally have a paypal account, I'm charging 19,- for SEO advice via PM. Seriously...