1. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Rise in Traffic??

Anyone else seeing traffic up? Since approx Nov. 28th across the board all sites of mine and most all the ones I've been working on are up about 30 percent.
    Anyone hear of any Google updates? or is consumer confidence returning?
  3. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

There hasn't been any new update announced but I've had a few people contact me about sites that declined dramatically since November 28.
  5. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    There hasn't been any new update announced but I've had a few people contact me about sites that declined dramatically since November 28.
    That makes one go humm! Me thinks google may have slipped one in there when no one was looking.
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    My traffic is up over 20% this past week. Adsense revenue has about tripled over the same time period. I think the advertisers are spending budget before losing it at years end.

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : Once again, SEO_AM with the only logic in the thread. Go you!
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  9. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Could it be something to do with this comScore Releases November 2012 U.S. Search Engine Rankings - comScore, Inc googles and bings core search market have both gone up meaning more searches so it could explain the extra traffic?

Also could be down to the time of year (depending on your sites) with people searching more on the run up to Christmas, its something we notice in yearly trends for all our clients, some gain traffic and some loss traffic, simply because of the market/niche they are in which will effect how many searches they gain around this time of year.

For example, one client sells sledges and his traffic generally goes up around this time of year (when/if we get snow lol), where as another client rents office space which is not searched for so much, so we see traffic die out around this time of year.

I would personally put it down to a mix of the two, but without seeing your stats and knowing for sure if google has done any 'quiet' updates, its just a guess
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  11. SEO Consultant

Seasonal traffic can hurt or help traffic. Every industry feels this time of year differently, IMHO.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : Every business has its cycles... Not all are indentical.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  13. Traffic drop sleuth. :)

I don't think it's just seasonal. My veterinary site actually decreased in traffic about 15% and usually I see an increase at this time of year (because people's pets are getting into the chocolate and turkey, etc.) It seems that my traffic is down in the long tail area. I have a few ideas as to why. In my case I think it's a good thing because it forces me to make some changes to my site to improve the quality.

Regarding Adsense, even though my site is down 15% in traffic, my Adsense revenue is down probably about 40%. I'm getting more clicks than ever but the CPC has plummeted.
  15. SEO Consultant

The theory of seasonal is based on the clients I manage and trends I see, could be wrong - just my 2 cents.

Off topic: do /that/ many dogs/pets really get into all that chocolate? My mom always warned that chocolate could kill a dog - can't be?!
  17. SEO Since 97

Chocolate as well as turkey is toxic for dogs, I found out the hard way with turkey, had a real mess on the carpet. stunk for weeks.
    And yes a dog will eat it as well as anything else it can get it's mouth around, when people leave it accessible.
  19. Traffic drop sleuth. :)

It's all dose dependent. A small amount of dark chocolate can be deadly for a little dog. A large amount of milk chocolate is not likely to do much harm. The calculator I created to determine how serious a dose your dog ate is one of my top pages of my site. It's neat to see it peak at Hallowe'en and Christmas and Easter.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

The MozCast for yesterday was 102 . Might mean something.
  23. No Profile Picture

No sure , sometimes it depend upon the situations it may be Google updates
  25. Agency SEO

I see this every holiday season. Ranks make so sense to me for about 5 weeks and then it returns to normal. I think it's user behavior. I say this because every year I lose some of my best ranks to amazon, Home Depot and Nike. Retail stores do 80%(?) of their business this time of year and their websites are getting slammed.

With that said, I do think there has been a change at Google.... we'll see
  27. No Profile Picture

Yes Marie, I agree with you most of my sites decrease in traffic 10-15%. Last year i got surprisingly increasing traffic in this period.

No fake signatures.
    Last edited by joshz; Dec 17th, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have something for all of you...
    www dot hyphentechnologies dot in/blog/google-zebra-update-a-sham-or-reality/