1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Request for Reconsideration Rejections

We own several websites and all were really hit hard by Google's Penguin update in April, and the EMD in September totally wiped them all out of the SERPs. The problem was due to affiliate links as we had tons and tons of links among the websites. After determining the exact cause for our penalty, we began working to fix this problem by removing all these links. In December, after thinking we had removed all the links, we submitted a Request for Reconsideration to Google. Within Days, Google rejected our Request.

So, back to the drawing board! We spent weeks verifying that all the links had been removed and about two weeks ago, submitted another Request for Reconsideration to Google. Within 10 days Google responded that we were still in violation of their policies for unnatural linkings. So again, after totally reviewing the sites and finding NO inter linkings, we concluded that Google has NOT re-crawled our sites after we have removed all the inter linking.

We just assumed Google would Re-crawl our sites before reviewing our Request, but apparently we are wrong.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you handle it? And, does anyone have any advice or suggestions for us? Thanks for your comments, thoughts and suggestions.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Have you considered that Google's problem may not be with YOUR sites but rather with someone else linking TO your sites. Google doesn't need to crawl your site to see those bad links are still up.

BTW. I wouldn't expect too much sympathy here. If those updates wiped you off the map chances are you didn't have any quality content.
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Sounds like you're better off just closing the sites and relaunching.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  7. No Profile Picture

Yea, I wouldn't expect too much sympathy except that I'm not alone here. And, you might be right about quality content, EXCEPT for the fact that our sites maintained top 5 serps for over 5 years. But, thanks for your input. The truth is hard to swallow, and you might be right.
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Just because you ranked for 5 years doesn't mean you have quality content, beings how you were hit with Penguin means you were ranking on spammy links then the EMD which I believe was really a panda update that cleaned out poor content sites with EMDs and other sites as well.
    What industry are you in?
  11. No Profile Picture

You know, I joined this forum hoping to get some insight, and maybe even some good advice, but unfortunately, all I've gotten is 'advice' and 'help' like this. Yea, I know we are doing thing / many things wrong due to our penalty, but I was hoping some constructive comments and not a continuation of the beatings we have been getting.

PLEASE, save you criticism and you negative comments / feedback for those in denial.

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Just because you ranked for 5 years doesn't mean you have quality content, beings how you were hit with Penguin means you were ranking on spammy links then the EMD which I believe was really a panda update that cleaned out poor content sites with EMDs and other sites as well.
    What industry are you in?
  13. SEO Since 97

Not really trying to beat a dead horse and I'm sorry you took it that way, that wasn't my intent at all. I mainly wanted to let you know what the two different algos addressed.
    Hence the reason for my question...what industry are you in? it wouldn't hurt to see the site your talking about either. We need some additional information to offer any assistance. There must be a reason why Google still thinks your in violation.

The only answer anyone I give with the information supplied is, find the culprit and try again and work on your content.
  15. No Profile Picture

Yea, I know, but after playing by the rules for 10+ years, and then having the rug drug out from underneath you isn't very pleasant. We have always enjoyed excellent SERPs by following good and solid seo practices, but I think our big problem is linking among our many affiliate websites. We operated that way for years, until the Google updates this year penalized us and many more site.

And, let me state that we have always been managed by what we think / thought was competent SEO guys, and we have always followed their recommends, especially for bring our sites back in compliance. We are convinced that Google has NOT re-crawled our site, Baby Shower Invitations | Bridal Shower Invitation | Shower Invites to verify all the affiliate links have been removed before reviewing our two Request for Reconsideration.

Anyway, I would have listed the website, but I assumes this forum would not allow links or urls especially for new members. If they will allow, the website is, Baby Shower Invitations | Bridal Shower Invitation | Shower Invites. Any constructive advice or anyone else can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Not really trying to beat a dead horse and I'm sorry you took it that way, that wasn't my intent at all. I mainly wanted to let you know what the two different algos addressed.
    Hence the reason for my question...what industry are you in? it wouldn't hurt to see the site your talking about either. We need some additional information to offer any assistance. There must be a reason why Google still thinks your in violation.

The only answer anyone I give with the information supplied is, find the culprit and try again and work on your content.
  17. rod@missionop.com

When you lump all your problems into one basket you make it confusing to help.

Google PENGUIN... no need to request reconsideration just start promoting the domain again with new links but not of similar style as the ones you got nailed with... e.g. if you used link pages, directory links, blog comment links and forum sig links - avoid these.

EMD... avoid targeting the domain words e.g. if your domain was >custom< & >gifts< target >personalized< & >presents< and and other synonyms and let LSI ranks you for the domain name words.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey... I gave you a place to look.

Joshz may be right. Google is (for good reason) extra tough on previous 'bad citizens'.

Check your alt text though. I looked at moving cards and Google might think you are keyword stuffing.
    Also, why is the selection page downloading full size images AND thumbnails?

I would consider doing a full site audit and then re-launching unless you get a LOT of direct traffic.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just took a VERY quick look for you. Backlink tools are still showing your old spam interdomain links so google may not have crawled those sites (and therefore sees the old links). Also some of your other links are total spam, with very few good quality links. (most of the rest come from yourself on pinterest and google +)

You may need to recruit some high quality links an possible disavow or have some spam stuff removed.
  23. No Profile Picture

I am simply amazed (positively) at some of the observations and comments made here.

How do we get Google to re-crawl the site to see that all the old affiliate / interdomain links have been removed? Anyone have any suggestions?

Secondly, and more importantly, if we do as you suggest,
    "You may need to recruit some high quality links"
    aren't we getting right back into the forbidden practice of 'buying' links? I know you used the word, 'recruit' but to little guys like me, that can only be accomplished by buying.

Originally Posted by realityhack
    I just took a VERY quick look for you. Backlink tools are still showing your old spam interdomain links so google may not have crawled those sites (and therefore sees the old links). Also some of your other links are total spam, with very few good quality links. (most of the rest come from yourself on pinterest and google +)

You may need to recruit some high quality links an possible disavow or have some spam stuff removed.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You need to get more creative. There should be a lot of info here on link building. Paid links are almost never high quality anyway.
    Some people give high quality content to other webmasters in exchange for a link. Or they may find relevant sites and simply ask the webmaster to link to their site if they think it would be useful to their users.

Also consider the relaunching idea. It might be your fastest most reliable shot given you don't have a ton to loose (established brand, tons of links, etc.)
  27. No Profile Picture

My German??? is a little rusty!! But, thanks!!

Originally Posted by vyvoztbomsk
    Наша фирма надает улсуги по вывозу ТБО . Благодаря большой автомобильной базе и слаженной работы нашей комманды мы осуществляем беспребойный вывоз мусора по всей территории Москвы и Мо. Для уточнения всех интресующих Вас вопросов звоните в любоей время суток.
  29. Contributing User

this is russian and this is spam