1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Removing pages and uploading in another wesbite...

HI everybody at SEO Chat...

I have some questionm about content duplication

I have two sites one is a business ( means corporate ) site and another one is content based site.

Now i dont want to take care 2 sites which is taking extra time for me to manage.

Now i want to move those content based site pages to my Corporate site..

The content based site is not indexed completely at this time.....but it was deeply indexed some time in JAN2005
    so i my question is ..what will happen if i just use the same content and put it on the corporate website what i have...will there be any probs.

because the content based site was fully indexed at point of time in Google....and in Yahoo it has few pages which are updated.

once i remove the pages from content based site shoud i redirect it to the corporate site or just park it.

Please let me know ur suggesstions...

Regards,

KaMran - White Eagle
  3. Chennai
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

yes, you can do a 301 redirect to your corporate site, so that you wont lost any page rank. also, i would suggest a subdomain for your content site (content.corporatesite.com) instead of simply adding pages into your corporate site, as it would help you a lot in optimizing the site.
    SEO is not SPAM Matt Cutts
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by dzine
    also, i would suggest a subdomain for your content site (content.corporatesite.com) instead of simply adding pages into your corporate site, as it would help you a lot in optimizing the site.
    adding a subdomain will mean also having 2 sites, adding content to subdomain will not help the domain to get better ranks, in the case you add it to the main domain then there is a posibility
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanxs

Thanxs a lot for ur suggesstion emgos. I will do the same.

Regards,

KaMran :-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo