Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Saving 4 a "giant laser"
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

register your way to the top

One of my competitors www+suretybondsusa+com is doing good for a competitive key phrase "performance bond". I noticed they have the same exact site at www+performancebonds+com

Should I register www+performancebond+com and do the same? This seems awfully black hat...any input is appreciated.
  3. Stormfront Productions
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I don't see anything wrong with that at all IMHO.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

duplicate content is never a good idea. build a page on your site to target that word or build a new site and go from there.
  7. Saving 4 a "giant laser"

it looks like they also have www+nielsonbonds+com registered. They are all pointing to the same web host account right so it isn't considered duplicate content? How do i check that?

I am suprised that keywords this competitive can be manipulated this easily. Perhaps I'll register and do a permanent redirect
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This might come as a surprise to you, but you can actually optimize another page on your already existing site. This way, 2 to 3 of your own pages will come up. This approach is much simpler than buidling a whole new site just for the sake of targetting a keyword or keywords...
    Originally Posted by jwbond
    One of my competitors www+suretybondsusa+com is doing good for a competitive key phrase "performance bond". I noticed they have the same exact site at www+performancebonds+com

Should I register www+performancebond+com and do the same? This seems awfully black hat...any input is appreciated.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

it looks like they also have www+nielsonbonds+com registered. They are all pointing to the same web host account right so it isn't considered duplicate content? How do i check that?

I am suprised that keywords this competitive can be manipulated this easily. Perhaps I'll register and do a permanent redirect
    Seems surprising to me too. Do you have any idea how long they have been pointing these domains to their main site? I would guess this won't last long.
  13. Saving 4 a "giant laser"

Originally Posted by 1976AD
    This might come as a surprise to you, but you can actually optimize another page on your already existing site. This way, 2 to 3 of your own pages will come up.
    I'm not sure if this is suppose to be sarcastic or not (damn Internet!). Anyhow I have had my page www+jwsuretybonds+com/performance.htm jumping between spots 4-18 for the past couple of months.

Originally Posted by geoman
    Seems surprising to me too. Do you have any idea how long they have been pointing these domains to their main site? I would guess this won't last long.
    If I remember correctly I stumbled upon the domain quite some time ago, but just put two and two together recently. I'm sure there is a way to see when a domain was registered.

I could see this little "trick" working for a less competive keyword, but c'mon there are 10,000,000 competitors on this!
  15. Mostly sane...

www.performancebonds.com must be a redirect to www.suretybondsusa.com because that's what comes up when you search for that domain.
    www.nielsonbonds.com comes up with just the url as the description, so that site is most likely getting hit with a duplicate content penalty. It seems as if there is little benefit to what they are doing. If all 3 domains came up in seperate searches for seperate keywords, that would be one thing, as it is it doesn't seem to be much help.

-Michael
    Enjoy Poetry?
    Get a Home Equity Loan or Mortgage Refinancing today!
    Potential Bad Neighborhood checker.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No sarcasm Padre. Just trying to save you the headache of starting a new website and what not just to follow the path of those who are spiraling downwards towards their own destruction ;-)

Once google finds out, and rest assured they will, there will be consequences and repercautions ;-)
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Before getting into Microsites (which is just an more orthodox synonim for doorway site) do as much on site SEO as you can within the limits of Google and netiquete.

I know it is a difficult task for a competitive keyword, but do you want to risk your listing in Google? I wouldn't.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

If I remember correctly I stumbled upon the domain quite some time ago, but just put two and two together recently. I'm sure there is a way to see when a domain was registered.
    I just looked and for what it is worth, here is when the domain were registered...

NIELSONBONDS.COM : 23-Nov-2001

suretybondsusa.com : 26-Feb-01

PERFORMANCEBONDS.COM : 08-Oct-98

I looked it up at.....
    http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml

The question is when they invoked this strategy. If it was a while ago, it would seem (surprisingly) Google doesn't mind. But this would go against what is the idea of unique content and the dup content penalty. I am guessing while they registered these a while back, it was not until recently they did this. It will be telling to see if it lasts or not. My guess is not.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your guess is right on the money. Remember, google is a mathematical company...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thats classic duplicate content, don't do that. If it is not a redirect of some sort, at least one of those sites will begin to rank like a anchor is attached to it.
  27. Go OSU Beavers!
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You could also create doorway pages, or pseudo-doorway pages. These are highly optimized pages for a specific keyword, or 100s of keywords. They are all interlinked and create a huge web that can show up in SEs. You then have the page forward or links on the page lead to your own page. There are plenty of programs that you can buy or D/L to create these types of pages. *Tips black hat*

-Scott Fish
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Scott have u finally crossed to the Dark Side ? ;-)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: