1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Redirects/Aggregator Site

Good Day,

I've got 3 websites/blogs where we are publishing news about 3 specific areas in my country. Now I'm looking to create one aggregator website that will pull in all the rss news feeds to create a summary of all: like a magazine-style website. It would be a summary of my current 3 websites. I'm not doing this for links; I just think it would be a cool idea my visitors would appreciate. The magazine would also include exclusive news or news that isn't a good fit for my current sites (international news/entertaining news/interesting facts/etc.) as incentives for visitors to go there.

I've found a wordpress theme/template (Silver Orchid) that I really like but I don't have a budget to modify the theme to pull in all the headings from my current websites automatically. I was thinking that I would create the posts on the magazine website, leave them blank or just add the featured image that displays on home and then redirect it to the specific local website.

We post about 5 times a week on the local websites; over a year that would be 52 weeks x 5 posts x 3 websites = 780 redirects. As the websites grow, the posting frequency might increase per week. Would that be a problem, a site that would consist of 4 categories (general, location1, location2, location3,) and 75% are just redirects?

I've got zero budget to modify a theme or template and I doubt there are any free ones around that will allow to pull in 3 different rss feeds the way I want so that the home page looks good. Are the redirects a good solution?

Any advice? suggestions?

Thank You,
    Marvin
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Alternatively I just found a theme for $39. But I would still like to know your thoughts about the redirects.