1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Redirect & sitemap submission?

Hiya, I have a website on the .com, a new gaming site, i have submitted the sitemap which contains 136,000 pages, dedicated server incidently.

However I also own the .co.uk, .org, .net and several other domains pointing to this domain by way of a redirect.

None of the redirect lesser domains pointing to the .com domain are showing up on search engine, i figured i might have to suibmit a sitemap for each lesser domain but i am not sure.

I could through backlinks at each lesser domain to get the site indexed in a day or two but would it be better to submit a sitemap for each redirect, all 7 domains?

Or index all the sites via backlinks on top sites and have them pop up in google?

All other seo on site is done, just not fammilar with redirects.

Any help would be great, just to add, the redirects are the same domain name as the .com only on lesser domains, ie .co. uk, they are not random site domain names, same as the dot .com.
    Last edited by artofmagick; Feb 2nd, 2010 at 11:48 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I they're all the same website, containing the same info, same content, same everything but the domain name, then why should Google show it twice.....

If you were searching for something, how would you react to clicking different results and getting the same website? Wouldn't you go somewhere else to search where that didn't happen?

If you want the other sites to rank, then you'll need different websites on those domains. Otherwise, they're not going to do anything for you.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Talking

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    If you want the other sites to rank, then you'll need different websites on those domains. Otherwise, they're not going to do anything for you.
    The domains all contain different title and meta tags so they pop up for different keywords, hence one site might concentrate on the keyword xbox within the url of the .co.uk.

Whereas the .com would target perhaps game reviews, meta's as well, my competition are doing this targeting different keywords on different domains pointing to the dot.com.

I just figured do i need to sitemap them all, perhaps all that is needed then is to get them indexed via a few backlinks, better to have 7 domains than one i feel, thoughts?

Atleast i dont have to bother with the sitemap, cool.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

use 301 redirect its best