1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Reconsideration Query

Hi

I have 2 sites on 2 different webmasters tools accounts.

One of the sites had some issues and now needs to be reconsidered by google.

I read in another forum that if 2 accounts are linked in webmaster tools google sometimes assumes that even the good site has had some black hat work done on it which could lead to a ban.

In this other post they also mention even if the accounts are not linked in webmaster tools, google can even ban the good site as they can tell you are the same person as you are using the same ip address to log into the 2 different wmt accounts.

Anyone know anything about this?

Many Thanks
  3. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I vaguely recall those posts. I think they're just a theory that someone had. I can't see it being true.

I have a lot of sites in my WMT and for many of them site owners have included me as an owner. These are all sites that I have been working with because of penalty issues - unnatural links, panda, penguin, etc. If the above theory was correct, then my association with those accounts could affect my own sites which is kind of silly, and hasn't happened.

However, in most cases if you own multiple sites and you have built spammy links to one site you likely have used the same spammy linkbuilding tactics on your other sites so they all could be affected equally.

But I can't see how it would be possible that simply sharing a WMT identity could get a site banned.
    THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO UNNATURAL LINKS RECOVERY by Dr. Marie Haynes.
    Click here to sign up for my Google Penalty Newsletter.
    Traffic Drop Audits. and Unnatural links penalty recovery help.
  5. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I've never heard of Google penalizing a site based on them being linked together in WMT. I have a large set of sites and some sites have suffered while others soared.

I agree with Marie. If you're penalized across your network, look at your interlinking as a possible culprit.
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

What have you done in order to apply for a reconsider request? Have you cleaned up your site?

Comments on this post

• realityhack agrees : This is the important question.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  9. No Profile Picture

It's hard to recover from google penalty. We tried to send four reconsider messages to google but all failed. We have two sites like you said. We close one and delete it all from search engine after we receiver message from google . In the next six months, we have made ​​a lot of changes to the structure and content of another site.
    Last edited by saraRqp; Jan 8th, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
  11. Contributing User

If your sites are normal and were made in accordance with Google guidelines and do not contain inappropriate content - everything will be OK and they will not be banned.
  13. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by seohuntanalytic
    do not contain inappropriate content
    Rofl, that's a new one, where did you get this theory from? Google wants to rank sites by quality, not by age appropriate lol

Originally Posted by change12
    I read in another forum that if 2 accounts are linked in webmaster tools google sometimes assumes that even the good site has had some black hat work done on it which could lead to a ban.
    Unless you have used the "good site" to promote the bad site and visa-versa, your other site should be fine. For example, google have bought other sites in the past which they had to give penalties to for not being within their own guidelines, but did they give a penalty to google and all their other properties? No because they where not in the wrong!

In this other post they also mention even if the accounts are not linked in webmaster tools, google can even ban the good site as they can tell you are the same person as you are using the same ip address to log into the 2 different wmt accounts.
    Do you really think google are going to waste their server resources taking a list of every account that has a problem and scanning for more accounts with users that login with the same IP address? I think not, its just a theory someone came up with and one I very much doubt it true.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi

I have 2 sites on 2 different webmasters tools accounts.

One of the sites had some issues and now needs to be reconsidered by google.

Anyone know anything about this?

Many Thanks
    No there is nothing like Google will not ban IP because action against of your site not any other thing Google will consider however it’s really important remove the spam factor for your site and you should be sure that your site really penalized by Google spam team or its just effect Google algorithm updates.

If you are sure about penalty then just visit this place to place your reconsideration request
    https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/reconsideration
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Rofl, that's a new one, where did you get this theory from? Google wants to rank sites by quality, not by age appropriate lol
    sorry, the meaning was exactly "quality content", not the "age appropriate", I've just expressed my thoughts in a wrong way.