1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Rebuilt Site - Sandbox and SEO Problems

About 18 months ago, I built a temporary commercial website while our main website was being built. With the temporary website we got an average amount of traffic and sales based on the number of pages. We also achieved several top 10 results on very competitive key words.

We replaced the temporary website with our new improved website about 2 months ago and now our sales have fallen and most of our key words have gone away. I now find most of our key words that we kept are now at position 150 to 200. On non-competitive key words are nowhere to be found.

It appears that we have went back into Google's Sandbox.

Does anyone have any idea as to how long Google with leave us in the sandbox?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

How long? Could be 8 months, could be back tomorrow.

Did you 301 redirect the old web site to the new one?

If so, then you need to continue rebuilding links to the new web site. Google seems to time filter new web sites even with the 301 redirect (of domain pointing to new domain).

Only answer is to keep throwing mud against the wall and get more links.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes, we did the 301 redirect from the old site. It was my understanding that if you have a temporary site, that once you posted the new site that it would not take the full time to come out of the quicksand.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Why would you believe that?
    What does Google care if the site is temporary or not?
    All G cares about is the content and the inbound links, are you sure all of your inbound links were redirected properly?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo