1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Really old Google cache and snippet -

Hello,
    I posted on a different forum last year. There were no responses, so I subsequently deleted the entire post a couple of months ago. I inadvertently included my email address in the original post (oops!) - and now, although the post does not exist within the forum, it is cached in Google. Soooo, if you search my email address, you find the cached page and the snippet reads with my email address so bold, it looks like it is in floodlights!
    I cannot delete the cached page, as it is not my website (cannot add script).
    When you click on the link, it still takes you to the forum, but says that the information is no longer available (so, it is not a dead link - so I cannot delete it that way).
    Also, when I look at the date on the cache - - it is 1969. (?!?)
    I have written to Google, inquiring about this situation, and when that page will be dropped from the cache, but am still waiting on a reply.

I was just wondering if anyone had some thoughts to share about this, and if there is anything I can do to speed up the process.

Thanks a bunch.

jemni
    (not including my email address in this post
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Cool

Change your e-mail address.

My personal experience with 1969 - it does not go away it is there to stay.
  5. No Profile Picture

Any idea why a cache is is set to 1969? What could possibly have made that link so desirable that they want it to stay?

(Thanks for the reply, by the way)

Originally Posted by LifeAfterGoogle
    Change your e-mail address.

My personal experience with 1969 - it does not go away it is there to stay.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Never happen to me what but i want to see it whats the URL to see the google catch for the page you where talking about

Originally Posted by jemni
    Any idea why a cache is is set to 1969? What could possibly have made that link so desirable that they want it to stay?

(Thanks for the reply, by the way)
  9. Contributing User

I had a page with the 1969 date. From there it went to supplemental result only. I feared duplicate content penalty for had a paragraph from another web of mine. I redid page adding more content and removing duplicate paragraph and now it is indexed once again.

Shannon
  11. Contributing User

Cool

Again my personal opinion and experience.

If Google;s Algo decides a page is not suitable for their index it gets a
    a cache date of Dec 31 1969 and the page gets placed in the Supplemental Index
    I have noticed that some of my own pages that were scraped and copied by others
    got awared the 1969 cache date. even after deleting the pages and after many
    months they are still cached with Dec 31 1969.

I even tried to move the pages to another domain making some slight adjustments
    This did not work - the new domain also got 1969.

I get the feeling that they keep these unwanted cached pages and compare all new pages
    the crawl with them to etablish if unwanted pages repiblished on other domains.

Maybe this is their way of trying to according to their unknown rules prevent
    these pages same or similar ever to be published again.

I can say a lot more but suggest you search the forum for Dec31st 1969 for all the threads.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thank you to everyone that replied.