1. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Rate and evaluate your site versus competitors in SERPs

How do you evaluate your site versus competitors in SERPs.

I've been using the McDar Keyword Analysis tool.

It has a table with your url for a keyword/keyword phrase with columns showing

# of pages on site; G backlinks; PR; rank in allinanchor; #of Y backlinks.

I've added two columns. The number of individual urls within first 1,000 bl in Y, and the sum total of backlinks reported by Marketleap for 6 se's.

(The unique urls can be found at Post Trade http://www.posttrades.com/forum/ which I learned about through DazzlinDonna's SEO Scoop blog). Its in the upper right hand corner. Put in your url and it returns a variety of information including the unique url information.

Evaluating all that in a column gives a lot of relevance to the serps, at least in my area.

First off all high ranked sites are old.

We are 6th in google serps. The sites above us have dramatically more backlinks. 4 of 5 sites have significantly more pages. We are ranked 3rd for allinanchor.

We trail the sites above us somewhat for unique urls for backlinks but not by much.

For the sites below us we have more backlinks in Y, more unique urls among backlinks, and a higher allinanchor rating.

BTW for the main keyword phrase we are 2 in allintext and 1 for allinanchor.

Also I pmed mcdar about the keyword analysis tool. He built it to establish a way of measuring and comparing some of the important considerations in ranking. He acknowledged that googles backlink report is essentially non relevant these days.

My question is do you evaluate how you are doing in the serps using various measures and what measures do you use?

Thanks,

Dave
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Great tool and link to the other blog.

Thanks for that and I look forward to the other posts.
  5. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Are any of you using methods like this or other ways of monitoring your site versus competition?

Dave
    Last edited by earlpearl; Nov 3rd, 2004 at 05:35 PM. Reason: bad keyboarding!!!
  7. Nice Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm using http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo