1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ranking every page of your website?

Hi, just a quick question which may be completely newbie but i thought i'd ask.

Should i be ranking every single page on my website, including ones like about us, or contact, etc.

And if so what keywords would i even use? As i'm having troubles understand what to use on those types of pages while making it relate to my website:

Lets say for example my main keyword was long distance relationship gifts for my homepage, would i use keywords such as long distance relationship on my contact us page and try to keep all keywords as close to long distance relationship niche as possible, it's as Ecom website by the way.

Many thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First, all of your title tags need to be unique, so you don't get penalized. That means you don't want "long distance relationship gifts" in every title. You also need to think about the UX (user experience). Does ranking the about us page for "long distance relationship gifts" help the end user? Which page do you want them to land on to get the highest conversion? Not to mention that it's really unlikely that you can get so many pages to rank for the same keyword, unless you were spamming your site, which would ultimately lead to a penalty.

So, my advice, think about the message you want each page to convey, and optimize for that. It's all about user experience. ;)

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Great Answer
  5. No Profile Picture

Agree with cbmorales04. UX is the most important thing. I assume you have smaller website. Focus on a homepage and one specific page optimized for the "long distance relationship gifts". Pump it as much as possible, make it relevant, include KW into title, meta description, headings and content. Use internal linkings with anchor text.

In general. pages "about us" don’t rank very high, because they usually can’t help users to solve any problem they are searching for on Google. But on the opposite, page "contact us", can be useful for visitors, if they are searching for some local shop. So in this case, there is difference if you run a local store or you run only online business. If you have a local branch, use Google my business and optimize it locally. If it’s just online store, don’t stuff it with non-relevant keywords.
  7. No Profile Picture

You need to find keywords that are relevant to your service as well as from user experience and relevant to your page content. All web pages in your website have different content and you choose keywords according to them. From which user can easily find you.
  9. No Profile Picture

Ranking every page of your website is a challenge. You should be aware of using duplicate Title and Meta tags on different web pages. As its an e-commerce website, then I would suggest you use product based keywords with location name (if its a local business) in your page and make sure that they all are different on each page. If your main page contains Long Distance Relationship Gifts, for your contact us page, you may use titles like; Gifts for Long Distance Relationship in (your place name)” OR “Where to Find Gifts for Long Distance Relationships Online”. The product/service words shouldn’t be the same on all pages but it can contain synonyms and some extra words that define your website. You can search your competitors that are having the same keywords and check what extra efforts they are doing for making their website rank on top.
    <removed link>
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Jul 21st, 2017 at 02:43 AM. Reason: removed link
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi Trouchie,
    If your site is new then don't focus to ranking all your pages. First, find a page from which you will get more conversion and focus on ranking that page will improve your site visitors. Once you get high rank for one page try to link other pages with high-rank page and step by step apply this method to each page soon you will get more page with a good ranking. I am using this method and getting good results from this but be patience with your activities it will take time but the result will sure. You should properly observe yours on page and off page activities with this method. <removed link>
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Jul 21st, 2017 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removed link and warned