1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Question about subdomains, design, content and server placement.

In the following case Do you think ip adress, design, or content affect subdomain classification?
    That is to say: Is it more possible the subdomains to be considered as differents sites or will they be treated like part of the same one because of IP adress, similar design structure or link interconnections?

We are about to reestructure a not optimized and heaby web site: xxxhttp://www.adornosviada.com
    Here is the structure we want to use:

4 interrellationaded domains in 2 servers:

Static Server A - (limitation of 2 mb but subdomain gestion is ok)
    Product A Domain,
    Product B Domain,
    Product C Domain.

Dinamic Server B : (no mb limitation but no subdomain gestion)
    Enterprise Domain,

The whole subdomains in server A will be targeting folders in Server B

Every Product will have 3 subdomains:

Static Server
    domainA (index) - Catalog.Product A, Renting.product A and Selling.Product A
    domainB (index) - Catalog.Product B, Renting.product B and Selling.Product B
    domainC (index) - Catalog.Product C, Renting.product C and Selling.Product C

Dinamic Server:
    Enterprise domain - No subdomains

The whole domains and subdomains will be intelinked.
    Content will be different in every subdomain.
    Design structure will be similar just changing little details like colors according the product features.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I can't tell your exact intentions from your descriptions. However, I get the impression that you are going to list the same product three times on this site - once in each subdomain. You are also going to heavily link these subdomains.

If you do this you need to be EXTRA sure that your descritpions and presentations of these products are unquestionably different and more than trivial in length. Google might initially list duplicate content but it will be dropped after a short time.

If this was my site I would make only one page for each product and focus all of my energy and backlinks upon it.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Will interlinked domains help to emprove SERP results or can it be negative?

Originally Posted by EGOL
    I can't tell your exact intentions from your descriptions. However, I get the impression that you are going to list the same product three times on this site - once in each subdomain. You are also going to heavily link these subdomains. .
    Actually there would be a big difference between products.

Every domain will be describing an independent busyness line and there will be various articles in each one.

Product A Christmass ligths -> Article 1 to 100 (catalog + 1 subdomain: sell articles = rent articles)
    Product B Folding tables and Chairs -> Article 1 to 20 (catalog + 2 subdomains:rent articles <>sell articles )
    Product C Stages and platforms -> Article 1 to 10 (catalog + 2 subdomains:rent articles <>sell articles )

Enterprise Site will be linking the three product sites and there would be also some circular interconections between them.

According to that do you think every site would be considered like a different site?
    Can it be positive to improve position in SERP and PR or you find it would not affect very much?