1. No Profile Picture

Question about posting Youtube Vids and Links

Guys,

Is it a bad idea to load up my category and product pages with youtube clips and reviews. I always thought more info was good info = good SEO?

I just had a colleague tell me by doing this I'm telling Google "Hey, I don't have much content but go to all these other links for good content".

Do you guys agree with this assessment? I'd love your input. thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Not a lot of info here.

If I understand your post, you are embedding your YouTube video link on your site page.

If so, you give G almost nothing to assess your page on which the video has been embedded. In this situation, your colleague is likely correct.

Google has very limited ability to assess and rank videos in its search results.

If you want people to find your videos in G searches, you might add and link to an additional web page for each video that offers folk a written transcript of the video or at least a summary of it.

People who click though to your product page can play it as they find it. Folk who search for (product) and (video) are more likely to find your separate web page.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Just to add to johnamits comment, parhaps consider adding a transcript to the webpage to help google better analyze the video and to also add additional relevancy to the page?
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  7. No Profile Picture

Sorry, I'm a little unclear. Let me further explain. At the top of my page is a paragraph describing the brand "Relish Guitars". Its about 150 words and has 3 links to different pages on the same "Relish Guitars" website. After that I have all of my Relish brand guitars for sale. Then underneath that I've got relative Youtube videos (but not ones that I shot). Underneath that I've got magazine reviews of the guitars (links). We are the top dealer for this brand so it makes no sense why all these other retailers are out ranking us. I just need to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

On the opening paragraph I cut from 3 links to just 1. All input is appreciated! -brendan
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You've got a great looking site but I'm failing to see where you are adding value in terms of content and your one link actually takes people away from your site.

Here's what I would do:

Make the first paragraph a little shorter and less spammy (its a little difficult to read the amount of times you say 'guitar' and 'relish'. Put a link below that along the lines of 'Read our Relish Guitars Review' and link that to content below the product listings.

Now this content should be your view on Relish Guitars which you back up by referencing videos and articles in exactly the same way that news stories do. You may need a content writer for this because this is the bit that will get you links (or not if it is just waffle).

Off the top of my head it could start something like:

"Thinking Relish Guitars aren't anything to write home about? Think again. Guitar World's Chris Gill wrote:

[They] may have very plain and simple-looking aesthetics, but its revolutionary design provides a satisfying rainbow of tones that combines the best of hollow, semi-hollow, and solid body guitars" ... etc.

Then lots of concrete and valuable advice from you.

The key here is taking the main weakness and dispelling it fast while using an independent source to back you up. Then showing that you know about this product and you are the knowledgeable one.
  11. No Profile Picture

Doodled - Thank you very much. Great input... I'll got to work right now!

13. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Sorry if I sound dumb, but where is the link to your site?

I do not see a link to your home page or in your signature.