1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question about backlinks and anchor text

Hello!

This is my first post here

I have a question about backlinks and anchor text.

Say I own domain www.summer.com (which I don't) and I want to rank well for the word "summer".

When I am bulding my BL's should I try and get links with text "summer" or is just "summer.com" as good?

Reason why I ask is beacuse I have a good one-word domain and I have a lot of natural backlinks but most of them
    just link to me with "summer.com"...

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by SEO_AM; Apr 23rd, 2005 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Removed live link
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

hey,

I think you you should check Link Popularity section of the forum. There you find more targeted help.

Cheers..

Paras
  5. Unclassified
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Summer would definetely be the best anchor text if that is the word you are targetting but having your keyword in your domain helps and using that as your anchor text will still have a bearing on your ranking.
  7. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I'd primarily focus on the word that is searched for rather than summer.com.

Frankly my site fortunately has a url that is kywrd1-keywrd2.com. I get links and anchor text both ways. Rankings started to really improve with focus on the anchor text keyword1-keyword2.

Break it up a little bit but emphasize summer not summer.com

Dave
    255 chars s*ck
  9. visiting Margaritaville
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

When adding more words or parts of words to anchor text, you are diluting the power of that link for your keywords. Summer would be the best choice in your particular case. Having something like summer breeze would split the power of the link by at least 50%.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo