Thread: Question

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question

Hi

I made my own website for my business. It is quite amateur but I get surpisingly high ranking in Google. (No 3) i have been there for years now. I've never deliberately optimised it or anything. What I want to know is if I employ an SEO company (reputable) could they realistically get me up those 2 places to number 1? Another thing. I own a domain name which is basically the 2 keywords.com for my product. Is it an advantage to have the keywords as the domain name for ranking?

thanks

Craig
    Last edited by craig20; Mar 9th, 2008 at 01:51 PM.
  3. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by craig20
    Hi

I made my own website for my business. It is quite amateur but I get surpisingly high ranking in Google. (No 3) i have been there for years now. I've never deliberately optimised it or anything. What I want to know is if I employ an SEO company (reputable) could they realistically get me up those 2 places to number 1? Another thing. I own a domain name which is basically the 2 keywords.com for my product. Is it an advantage to have the keywords as the domain name for ranking?

thanks

Craig
    Depending on the amount of distance between you and the 2 sites above you for the term it could be very easy or very hard! What is the domain name of your site and what is the search term?

The keyword domains just by themselves are not worth much.
  5. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Oh No, not another keyword-in-domain-name thread again! I agree with Channel5
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  7. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

second? isn't that good enough... well just like what channel5 said it really depends... if the site is well optimized and ranked for that particular kw for a long time,, it might take some time... maybe try to make your site more interesting for your visitors..