#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Online-Marketing-Web.com
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0

    Query link:domain


    I heard somebody said Google no longer support for link query(not add more data).

    Ex : link:domain (it's still active, but not add more new data)

    Is it right or wrong ? Thanks
  2. #2
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,679
    Rep Power
    5316
    Originally Posted by rvnhanh
    I heard somebody said Google no longer support for link query(not add more data).

    Ex : link:domain (it's still active, but not add more new data)

    Is it right or wrong ? Thanks
    Use Yahoo instead of Google.

    Link:www.yourwebsite.com
    (also check without the www to make sure you're not diluting the benefits of your IBLs)
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Online-Marketing-Web.com
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0
    Uh,thanks but google not support for link query is real?
  6. #4
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,679
    Rep Power
    5316
    Originally Posted by rvnhanh
    Uh,thanks but google not support for link query is real?
    With Google you'll want to use GWT to check links.
  8. #5
  9. Twitter: @barlow1984
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leek, UK
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    102
    Yahoo's site explorer is much more accurate that the google linkdomain syntax. So it doesn't really matter if they stopped supporting it because it was never much good in the first place.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Online-Marketing-Web.com
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0
    I love others tools than link query of Google, too Just want to know Google not support link query is real or not. Where Google announce about this ?
  12. #7
  13. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,679
    Rep Power
    5316
    This one works pretty well also:
    http://www.compu-rx.com/seo-tools/check-inbound-links-backlink-checker.htm

    Originally Posted by rvnhanh
    I love others tools than link query of Google, too Just want to know Google not support link query is real or not. Where Google announce about this ?
  14. #8
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gloucester (South West UK).
    Posts
    6,533
    Rep Power
    3521
    Originally Posted by rvnhanh
    I love others tools than link query of Google, too Just want to know Google not support link query is real or not. Where Google announce about this ?
    Hi rvnhanh,

    It's not true that the "link operator" isn't "supported"... but Google only reports a random sample of your links when you use this query! The random sample is updated from time to time (hence my opinion that it is "supported") but - as it's still only a random sample - it's useless

    Matt Cutts confirmed this fact on his blog some time ago.
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Use Yahoo instead of Google.

    Link:www.yourwebsite.com
    (also check without the www to make sure you're not diluting the benefits of your IBLs)
    use link operator in lower case then it will show you exact results as-
    link:yourdomain.com
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by barlow1984
    Yahoo's site explorer is much more accurate that the google linkdomain syntax. So it doesn't really matter if they stopped supporting it because it was never much good in the first place.
    Google shows least and the most relavant links for a site unlike yahoo shows largest no of links no matter relavant or not for a site.
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Online-Marketing-Web.com
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by alex_cristo
    Google shows least and the most relavant links for a site unlike yahoo shows largest no of links no matter relavant or not for a site.
    I see Google too. I know some sites link not exactly.
  22. #12
  23. shuffle up and deal
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,837
    Rep Power
    742
    Originally Posted by alex_cristo
    Google shows least and the most relavant links for a site unlike yahoo shows largest no of links no matter relavant or not for a site.
    That's simply not true.

    To the op, you might want to try http://www.linkdiagnosis.com/ had this recommended to me recently and have found it very useful.

Similar Threads

  1. Dynamic page, Query strings and Google Indexing
    By cyberpine in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
  2. linkdomain: v link:
    By rmccarley in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 18th, 2005, 12:43 PM
  3. Google Keywords
    By calufa in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 1st, 2005, 04:59 PM
  4. How to exclude pages from a site in the link:http:// query?
    By fabrizio in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 9th, 2005, 11:39 AM
  5. Google and query strings
    By Biffy in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 8th, 2003, 03:50 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo