Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Quality over quanity

I have been on here for quite a while now, reading as much as time allows with the odd post by myself, I tend not to ask too many questions as most answers can be found in the stickies or on other posts. The general advise on 99% of posts state the benefits of doing quality back linking. Whilst I can understand this I don't recall anyone giving an example of what a high quality link looks like.

Anyone got any live working examples of a link that is a SEO dream ?
    Don't have to be their work, I would just be interested in seeing these highly sort after high quality links in action and try and understand more why they where targeted. It may help genuine new people on here come to terms with the difference.

Maybe there are some posts on here already and I just have not read them yet, if there is then a link to these posts would also be useful.
    Good SERPS is great, Traffic however is even better
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Niche backlinks ;) Get backlinks from familiar and high trust rank websites. Don't buy them. And avoid backlinks from websites what sells advertisements as they won't effect your page rank or search position. It even may put you down.
    It's like in school if you have relationships with good and popular students everybody will like you but if you will have relationships with bad guys no body will like you.

One of my plans where to get backlinks from is to write articles for wiki websites I believe it's really good idea.
    And don't forget social media it has a lot of meaning for your rankings as well ;)

Thanks,
    Andrius
  5. Contributing User

You missed the point, I was after some sites of where a good quality backlink had been placed. The rest has been said in almost every post.
    So was really after a couple of examples please.
  7. No Profile Picture

I think its not good quality backlink. I think it is a backlink from a site with good quality content. am i on the right track here?
  9. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Totally depends on the niche doesn't it Chedders? but an example to me would be having a tourist site in the UK and getting links from visitbritain, visitengland.. there's loads of really strong visit sites, throw in some news paper (telegraph, dailymail etc) links from their travel sections, maybe a BBC link, ITV.. maybe some ac.uk.. very nice.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  11. Contributing User

I was really looking at looking at an example or 2 and not just the theory behind it. i.e. here is a good link on this page .xyz.com for widgets.
    Last edited by NathanielB; Feb 4th, 2013 at 07:24 AM. Reason: link removed ;)
  13. No Profile Picture

Links from high PR and domain authority sites are considered as high quality. Find the sites of your niche that are most popular and then link back your site from them. Let me tell you with an example, if a site of SEO person linked from search engine land or seomoz it will considered as of high quality. You can post articles there and get link to your site.
  15. Contributing User

Darren already answered your question. Are you reading?
    Here's another example: if I have a site about tiny houses a link from tinyhouseblog.com would be a quality link. A link from my-great-site-about-cats.com will be a low quality link.
  17. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by prasunsen
    Darren already answered your question. Are you reading?
    Here's another example: if I have a site about tiny houses a link from tinyhouseblog.com would be a quality link. A link from my-great-site-about-cats.com will be a low quality link.
    Not really, just because a domain has your market keyword in it doesn't make it a quality link!

Quality links come in many forms and you will learn that as you work more and more in SEO, Darren gave some examples of some forms of quality links which most people could earn if they worked for them and could offer what those sites want to link to!

Another example of a quality site would be an established community site, for example a link in a well written article on the main seo chat site would be of high value to a relevant site, not only because its a link on a relevant and authoritative sites about seo, but also because the content on here is shared on many other relevant sites meaning more links from other sources for nothing in some cases!

The above is just an example of what COULD happen to articles posted on the main site, and the same could go for any established and well known site in any niche, you just have to learn where your potential visitors hang out in order to get your link to them as well as earn some quality links which could help you with seo as well as conversion!

of a link that is a SEO dream ?
    Something you should keep in mind though, you have different types of quality links, you have those that may help with rankings (for the time being) and you have those that will bring you target traffic! If I was you, I would be looking at conversion as well as your organic rankings, because there's no point in ranking for money if its not making you money!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  19. No Profile Picture

I'm not that good on SEO but I think it means it's better if we should only comment on high pr page with a great and helpful content.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can get quality links from hubpages, squidoo etc check below link for example

LINK REMOVED!

Originally Posted by Chedders
    I have been on here for quite a while now, reading as much as time allows with the odd post by myself, I tend not to ask too many questions as most answers can be found in the stickies or on other posts. The general advise on 99% of posts state the benefits of doing quality back linking. Whilst I can understand this I don't recall anyone giving an example of what a high quality link looks like.

Anyone got any live working examples of a link that is a SEO dream ?
    Don't have to be their work, I would just be interested in seeing these highly sort after high quality links in action and try and understand more why they where targeted. It may help genuine new people on here come to terms with the difference.

Maybe there are some posts on here already and I just have not read them yet, if there is then a link to these posts would also be useful.
    Last edited by NathanielB; Feb 4th, 2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed url
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Quality backlinks as it was posted on this forum before:

1. Being relevant: the site where the link is from, the page where the link is from, the link anchor text and your site, they should ideally all be relevant.

2. From authoritative sites: this is hard to define but probably easy to understand. I am sure everyone is capable of telling whether a site is to some extent authoritative.

3. The position of the link on the page and how many outbound links that page has.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

We also could say that any link from a relevant non-spammy site is a quality link.
  27. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Andrius
    We also could say that any link from a relevant non-spammy site is a quality link.
    Not really, I see what your trying to say, but there is a bit more to it when it comes to getting a truly quality link.

For example, say you own a site about Peterborugh, would you think a link from a site about a surrounding area with thin content and no users a quality link? No because the link has no value, it may be relevant because its about your area, but the content is thin, the site has no visitors and the site has no authority, therefore not a quality link!

You need to look for a number of things to make a link a truly quality link, some for example:
    A. Authority in its market/niche,
    B. Relevant to your niche,
    C. Quality content,
    D. Your link is placed in a good relevant position,
    E. Will the site and your links still be there in the years to come!?

I love the last one because so many people build links for the now and don't really think about the future of their links, are the links you have been building last year still going to be here next year and years to come after that? Or are they on sites which wont stand the test of time!?

Link building truly quality links is something that takes time to learn and no one can really tell you in a forum how to spot what you would consider a quality link for your site as many sites would be looking for something different in a link, so get out there and test what works for you! All you really need to keep in mind is will the link help your site to grow in brand awareness and help to drive the right sort of traffic you need to your site

For example, if I was to run an electrical wholesale site I would want links on site which will help to drive traffic/people to my site who will want to buy the products I have for sale, and gaining a link in relevant, highly used electrical sites will do just that, so for this example those are quality links, yet a link on a wiki page might not be as good because how many people use wiki sites to find out for wiring they need for dimmer switch?

Use your brain and your eyes and you will find the link which will prove to be of the highest quality for your site! In other words don't be single minded, don't just think "will google see this as a quality", think what will this link do for my site over all and in the future not just for the present!

Sorry for the long post and sorry for going off on a couple of different approaches, but people need to understand that link building is single minded and you should be building links for more then just google!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thats really good post NathanlelB, I really appreciate it. Learnt a lot ;)

Thank you!
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: