1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

But sometimes it's really tricky to get quality backlinks.

do you think that guest blogging and comments on high pagerank and same niche blogs is a good idea ?
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Chedders
    I was really looking at looking at an example or 2 and not just the theory behind it. i.e. here is a good link on this page .xyz.com for widgets.
    Ok.

Holiday accommodation UK - London, England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland

Here is a big link for hotel sites.

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees : Finally :) thank you I have kept asking for an example and your the first to offer one.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Here we go: Has e-commerce killed the high street? | Media Network | Guardian Professional

eg. Bronco is an SEO firm. This is a great link.
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Chedders
    You missed the point, I was after some sites of where a good quality backlink had been placed. The rest has been said in almost every post.
    So was really after a couple of examples please.
    The "immediate" link is completely immaterial and this is all 100% relative to the situation.

I would like to see examples of good swimmers... but a good swimmer is all relative to age, body mass, strength, fitness and overall health and a great swimmer in a wading pool is not the same as being in a stream, river, lake or the open ocean with 10 foot waves and 30 foot swells... and that's only looking at the environmental factors (industry nuances).

With a solid internal link architecture you can get away with 1/10th (or 1/100th) the quality as someone that focuses purely on link quantity.

With a poor internal link architecture in your domain you need massive quality and quantity.

It all starts at home.

Comments on this post

• eddyf agrees : I'd like to hear more. Can you expand on what you mean by solid vs poor internal link architecture?
    • Doodled agrees : Abso-bloody-lutely!
    Last edited by fathom; Feb 7th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

My sites <snip> back links suddenly gets down , & i think its just because of quality less back-links , The back link graph down dramatically from 12,000 to 147 . Don't know actual reason , please suggest me .
    Last edited by dzine; Feb 8th, 2013 at 12:57 AM.
  11. SEO Insultant

Originally Posted by Anoop Bhandarka
    My sites <snip> back links suddenly gets down , & i think its just because of quality less back-links , The back link graph down dramatically from 12,000 to 147 . Don't know actual reason , please suggest me .
    Have you actually read what's in this thread?

Furthermore, if you're talking about your backlink COUNT, then surely you are more concerned with QUANTITY right now?
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by Anoop Bhandarka
    see this thread
  15. rod@missionop.com

I'd like to hear more. Can you expand on what you mean by solid vs poor internal link architecture?
    Silo Architecture

Ignore the back & forth banter between Joshz & I... there is a good starting example of solid & poor.

Also if you start a thread specifically about this I am more than happy to expand your understanding with real examples on really bad architecture. (and some good one as well).
  17. No Profile Picture

Hello, I think the OP question has gone misunderstood and 'chines whispered' down the post. To explain a 'dream link' lets take a BMW car salesman that has a website. He contacts a big authoritive website such as webutanycar.com which is bank 'on topic' After some communication, crying screaming and begging he gets the link as such...... On webuyanycars.com 's website on their home page ( or another prominent page ) their is a line of text 'We buy and sell BMW's from anyone for any price' The webmaster of webuyanycar.com has now hyperlinked the words 'buy and sell BMW' ' to the original car salesmans website

That type of link would be of massive quality due to the anhor text and the fact it is on a high authoritive website in the same industry as the car salesmans website. Hope this helps
  19. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by ezzoactor
    Hello, I think the OP question has gone misunderstood and 'chines whispered' down the post. To explain a 'dream link' lets take a BMW car salesman that has a website. He contacts a big authoritive website such as webutanycar.com which is bank 'on topic' After some communication, crying screaming and begging he gets the link as such...... On webuyanycars.com 's website on their home page ( or another prominent page ) their is a line of text 'We buy and sell BMW's from anyone for any price' The webmaster of webuyanycar.com has now hyperlinked the words 'buy and sell BMW' ' to the original car salesmans website

That type of link would be of massive quality due to the anhor text and the fact it is on a high authoritive website in the same industry as the car salesmans website. Hope this helps
    That type of link requires rel="nofollow" in the link element because it is a paid link and not an editorial links.

In other words (without the rel="nofollow") that link games the system, it is inorganic in nature and violates Google's Terms of Services.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Let me ask a follow-up to Fathom's post. Do natural (in context) editorial mentions of your company name within an article on a powerful site (with no link assigned) have any SEO value?

Ed
    Last edited by eddyf; Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
  23. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by eddyf
    Let me ask a follow-up to Fathom's post. Do natural (in context) editorial mentions of your company name within an article on a powerful site (with no link assigned) have any SEO value?

Ed
    Yes

Websites do rank all the time with 100% natural links (anchors such as company, url, www, website etc.) because link juice propagate not just to the link to page but through all links on that destination page, and all links on the next set of destination pages.

It requires you to have good architecture and works more slowly (because you aren't gaming the system) but it does work and 100% PENGUIN proof.

Comments on this post

• eddyf agrees : I'm asking if there is SEO value when no link is assigned to the company name. Just the mention of my company name in normal text within an article about subject matter related to my site.
    Last edited by fathom; Feb 10th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
  25. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Ed
    I've also wondered about this.

You can highlight a plain text URL on google chrome and right click and it says "take me to this website"

I don't think It could help with rankings but maybe it's something that could give your site a little more trust like social signals.. but that is all me guessing.

Comments on this post

• eddyf agrees : I was thinking that perhaps the mention of a company with no link (in my example not even the URL, just the company name) may have some value just as a social mention might. Of course a company name is not always unique to a single company.
  27. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    I've also wondered about this.

You can highlight a plain text URL on google chrome and right click and it says "take me to this website"

I don't think It could help with rankings but maybe it's something that could give your site a little more trust like social signals.. but that is all me guessing.
    No idea...

I would guess 'probably not'.
  29. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Ed
    How could it? With no link assigned...I highly doubt it.
    I think it would help associate your company name with the website it's on and help it's seo value for those terms...how much? I doubt it'll be much but seo value to your site...I don't see it.