1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Property health Issue in Search Console

Help Please!
    Warning in Search Console - "Google has detected harmful code on some of your site’s pages. We recommend you remove it as soon as possible. Until then, Google's search results might display a warning to protect users when they click a link to your site".
    "These pages directed users to a site that serves malware or unwanted software. Unfortunately, the malicious code within the page could not be isolated.".

Sample URL is a link of my own sub-domain which has software files for download and software updation, so I can't remove these urls from my website page. How can I solve this issue?
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello!

So, in one message it says that "the malicious code within the page could not be isolated." You say that instead of showing you exact code, it gave you the page on which the code is supposedly located? I might ask someone very technical minded, "Is there anything dangerous on this page Google showed me?"

If you offer software files for download, is it possible that some of the things you offer for download could be harmful for someone's system? Even if that wasn't your intention - maybe some hacking occurred or something?

It sounds like Google isn't necessarily asking you to get rid of the whole URL, just the malicious code located on that page.
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Is this a torrent site by any chance ? if so then that maybe why your getting such a message.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Ah! That would make sense, aye.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Chedders
    Is this a torrent site by any chance ? if so then that maybe why your getting such a message.
    No, there is only a single page for download the software of updated version and this page is only for old clients, not for new users.

The linked subdomain doesn't have any content on any page and it has only .exe files of software in directory folders. Google might consider it as a malicious website and linking to a site to download software, which has no content. Website with no content but have files for download, is malicious website for Google?
    Well, problem has been fixed for now after uploading that particular software in zip file and submitting request for review in webmaster.