Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Problem with alexa ranking

Hello,

This is my first post and hope i will find some useful tips and strategy to resolve my issues.
    My problem is i am doing seo for one website , all the keywords are ranking on top 10 or 20 but the problem is that its alexa is badly high and need to reduce it. It fluctuate and remain on the same level. It's been more then 2 month but i couldn't do anything fruitful for it. Please give me some tips to keep my alexa on desired level., Currently its alexa in 4 lacs and want it into thousands.
    I have alexa toolbar
    I have tried hiting the website again and again.

Please post something better way's to find out solution. I need result in 1 and half month. At least satisfactory results....

Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture

well it depends on your traffic that if you are getting good traffic then website's alexa ranking goes higher automatically.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your suggestion but this is i know. I want some tips that can boost my alexa rank. Hope you have something to share.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you have some other high traffic rank sites. Use them to link to current site. It may push you site rank up.
  9. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

@OP, I don't care about alexa rank. imo experts at SEOchat would be on the same wavelength with me. don't waste your time, just work on keywords' rank/link building and content. you

Originally Posted by pritsnv
    all the keywords are ranking on top 10 or 20
    (I assumed these should be high search volume) work on these keywords to bring them in Top 5 (from top 10) and top 10 (from page #2). again if these are high search volume keywords. your alexa will get increased without distracting your actual goal.
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

My problem is i am doing seo for one website... but the problem is that its alexa is badly high and need to reduce it.

I need result in 1 and half month. At least satisfactory results...
    No your problem is your looking at a site which has nothing to do with SEO, true traffic, sales or conversion!

Why do you have a month and a half to reduce it? Google couldn't give a damn about what Alexa say, google has its own analytics site which gives the data of everyone that uses a site, not just those with a pointless toolbar installed!

If you are offering SEO as services and think you need to build a site Alexa rank in order to do SEO, you really need to come clean with your client and tell them you know nothing about what your doing and are likely to do more harm then good until you learn what SEO really is!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. No Profile Picture

I understand what you guys said but i can not avoid this alexa issue. This is compulsory for me to reduce in better way. Please suggest me some way to maintain it instead counting the profit of traffic and all that on me. I am already getting good traffic , keywords are ranking on top. Now my third milestone is to reduce alexa...Please consider what i said.
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

I understand what you guys said but i can not avoid this alexa issue. This is compulsory for me to reduce in better way. Please suggest me some way to maintain it instead counting the profit of traffic and all that on me. I am already getting good traffic , keywords are ranking on top. Now my third milestone is to reduce alexa...Please consider what i said.
    Well as long as you know that the Alexa rank has nothing at all to do with seo and making it lower will do nothing to help your site in terms of seo, thats ok

Alexa gets its numbers from those with an Alexa plugin installed so you have two options:
    1. Ask all your visitors to install the Alexa toolbar, but I dont think that would work so well lol
    2. Install a script/bit of code on your site which gives these visitor numbers to Alexa without them having the toolbar installed.

I dont know the name of it but I know wordpress use to have a plugin for Alexa, so maybe have a search for that and see if it will help?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Perhaps he's selling domains, Alexa is one of the critical values when someone is buying an already built domain.

However, if you need to demonstrate the traffic to someone you can also post analytics screenshots (Personally I prefer it on simple alexa).

Another thing, you can rank for thousands of keywords but if they doesn't have searching volume you won't increase your visits --> lower alexa rating.

Be sure you're optimizing for valuable keywords.

then you can look here Alexa Help --> you'll find all you need to know on how alexa rating works, and how to optimize it, written by the alexa team.
    Last edited by Mememax; Dec 14th, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

No dude i am not trying to sell domain. Actually i am working for someone and he wants me to reduce Alexa. I don't know why the Alexa is so important for him but yet he want me to do that. Website Alexa is very bad around 4 lac globally.
    I read everything on help page posted by you here but can you tell me anything that can help me to reduce Alexa, some organic methods?
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

No dude i am not trying to sell domain. Actually i am working for someone and he wants me to reduce Alexa. I don't know why the Alexa is so important for him but yet he want me to do that. Website Alexa is very bad around 4 lac globally.
    I read everything on help page posted by you here but can you tell me anything that can help me to reduce Alexa, some organic methods?
    I have a trick that works. You must have installed Alexa tool bar on your FF? Leave your browser and your website open, and ask all your colleagues to do the same, you will see your Alexa rank drop dramatically after a couple of months.

I guess now you see how useless and meaningless Alexa rank is? No wonder the only assumption is that you are trying to sell the domain.
  23. Busting SEOChat Spammers!

Tell him its not going to help with his SEO, rankings, PR or anything! But if he wants the Alexa rank to become better he will need to get more visitors to the site that Alexa can see.

There is one way and ONE WAY ONLY to reduce your Alexa rank, and that is to get more traffic to the site which the Alexa tool can see!

Like I said you have two options for that:
    1. Ask everyone that visits your site to install the Alexa toolbar first - Not going to happen!
    2. Place a script on your site that installs the Alexa tool so it can see your visitors - Google for it.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is one way and ONE WAY ONLY to reduce your Alexa rank, and that is to get more traffic to the site which the Alexa tool can see!
    Totally Agree with Nathaniel

Like I said you have two options for that:
    1. Ask everyone that visits your site to install the Alexa toolbar first - Not going to happen!
    2. Place a script on your site that installs the Alexa tool so it can see your visitors - Google for it.
    the second one seems quite invasive... that's why I think you'll better explain this to your client. A good SEO is not only a good optimizer or linkbuilder but also needs to speak and explain everything to its client. Maybe he's convinced of Alexa benefits, you have to understand what is his focus, imagine you reach the goal which is really low alexa but then your client says he's not selling as much as he though. So you really have to define your goals toghether. Speak to him!!
  27. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Let me clear my question once again. This time i am going to explain every single detail about my website...

Firstly don't tell me Alexa is not important because Alexa is everything for me right now else i will loose my project.

Currently my 68 keyword ranking on top 10. average visit to my site around 600 to 700 daily. Bounce rate is around 33.16 %

Now tell me the reason for higher Alexa and how to reduce it..

Thanks

Comments on this post

• NathanielB : OMFG! READ THIS = There is one way and ONE WAY ONLY to reduce your Alexa rank, and that is to get more traffic to the site which the Alexa tool can see! THAT IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER FFS!!!!!!!
  29. SEO Consultant

What the hell is Alexa?

Sounds like a cute name for a girl, but beyond that, who cares?

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : she's a stripper in Miami I think
    • NMmarketing agrees : Agree, i can imagine what she looks like
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: