1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Primary keyword?

My site ebodybuildingguide.com is not showing up for my primary keyword 'bodybuilding supplements' Can anyone give me any good reason why this might be the case?

I do see my site when I add my domain at the end of my keyword but without it, it doesn't show at all. I must be way off or something!!

Please advise.

molajutt
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

You must be getting some kind of penalty. You don't show up for any results where you should.

You are not even listed under any potential search term that you should be. This is a clear sign of a penalty.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

You're still not showing any links. You need to keep working on gaining quality links before you can expect to see your site's SERPs gaining ground.

Comments on this post

• seogoat agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

O man... thats not a good sign. First we need figure out if I am really being penalized or not. Is there any way to figure that out?

I do show up 'bodybuilding guide' keyword... # 300 or something.. I was previously targeting 'bodybuilding guide' keyword and just launched a new site (about 2 weeks ago) with new keyword targeting 'bodybuilding supplement' with over 80k worth of cached affilate pages. Could it be that I need to wait months before I can show up for my primary keyword?

I was in the impression that I would at least show up for my primary keyword top 500 or something. Even if site is new.

Google is crawling after I re-launched my site with affiliate pages. I would say google is doing page per every 4 minutes for past week or so. Would google be crawling even if I am penalized?

Thanks

molajutt
    Last edited by molajutt; Apr 27th, 2009 at 12:25 PM.
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

You're still not showing any links. You need to keep working on gaining quality links before you can expect to see your site's SERPs gaining ground.
    That's very true but this site does not show up at all even to the last SERPs page for keywords that are on pages it is in the index for.

If I site is in the index, and has the keywords in its URL and in the cached version then it should be showing up in the SERPs even if it is buried way down.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

without a full audit of same, all I can offer here is that it's either the lack of quality authoritative backlinks OR a penalty...

?

Jim
    Jim Rudnick
    MCSD
    Canadian SEO

Twitter: @JVRudnick

read. learn. hypothesize. test. analyze...then rank!

13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by tstolber
    That's very true but this site does not show up at all even to the last SERPs page for keywords that are on pages it is in the index for.

If I site is in the index, and has the keywords in its URL and in the cached version then it should be showing up in the SERPs even if it is buried way down.
    In a market that shows over a million results, I would say it is more likely a result of insufficient backlinks. I would not assume penalty straight off the bat as there's no evidence. The site is fairly young, and has never shown any SERPs to speak of, other than the previously mentioned "# 300 or something."

I just feel that saying "you must have a penalty" is somewhat jumping the gun here.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I did have quite a bit of duplicate pages when I first launch the site. I am assuming that that caused it. I'll give it some time and see what happens as I have no duplicate pages any more.. but wait.... I have 80k of affiliate pages, will that mess me up again too?

I think I'll just have to start from scratch again.. different domain and IP.

molajutt