1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Preview Google Update - AOL powered by google, showing newer results than google.com!

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this - it was pointed out to me by a friend. he changed his website last week, but google.com still shows the old page. However if you go to some of the sites which use googles results such as http://www.aol.com or http://delluk.myway.com/, then you get the updated webpages.

Also I notice that the results are significantly different from googles main site. So are these sites showing results that google is about to release? - I always thought before that AOL was a direct mirror of Google?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would imagine Google always supply their partners with a pretty stable database & algo and do all the testing on their own servers which is prob why you see this.

They are running algo v 1.9

Google is running algo v 2.91

Or something to that affect, pretty standard practise in the software industry, you want you customers to be running the most stable release as poss.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Market-Trend
    I would imagine Google always supply their partners with a pretty stable database & algo and do all the testing on their own servers which is prob why you see this.

They are running algo v 1.9

Google is running algo v 2.91

Or something to that affect, pretty standard practise in the software industry, you want you customers to be running the most stable release as poss.
    Well yes that is what I would expect - which is why i thought it strange that the results where showing the latest information on the AOL site (as per my friends site, which showed his updated page in AOL, but the old version in google.com)