1. Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PR7 but my rankings suck!

My site got bolstered up to a PR7 about two weeks ago. However, I have not noticed any gains in the SERPS. In fact, a few of my rankings have gone down. I have a large number of top 20 or top 30 rankings, but very few top 10s. Do the page rank updates and SERPS updates always move in tandem? With a PR that good and rankings sucking, am I doing something wrong on my pages?

Also, I have another site that I would like to promote. How bad would linking off the home page of my PR7 site be?

Thanx
  3. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

It all depends on your keywords but with a PR 7 you should be able to ROCK! the serps.
    You will find these days that serps actually preceed PR updates in most cases so there is definitly work needed.

You have taken care of the PR portion of the off page criteria how is the anchor text for your backlinks? Does it have your keys in it. SEO is not all about PR but if you can start messin around with a PR 7 backing you, the changes should take effect in a day or so. If you would like me to take a look I dont mind just pm me the URL with the keywords your targeting or just post it in the forum under site reviews if you like and we'll take a look
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hey moobs,

i would say you should check the density of keywords in your pages, outgoing links per page and forget all about pagerank.

Don't be afraid to link out, if it is going to bennificial to your users. The internet is about being a resource, not purely for purchasing products.

I promise that linking out to another "usefull" site you will definately benefit from it.