1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Possible Google Algo Tweak for PBN's

Been seeing a few threads about ranking losses. Just got a few emails this very day....

Seems that Google has possibly tweaked the Penguin. It appears that they are targeting, finding PBN's. This would be no surprise to me.

Apparently it's the Black Hat Community that has labeled this one, lol... seems the pbn creators are a little pissed.

All of you folks asking about pbn's and how best to take advantage of a site with them.. Read on .. Now you see just one of the many reasons we caution against using PBN's.
    I received the follow via following link. I suggest you go read the article, then also read the bhw link in the article. LOL... some are really pissed !
    https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...pbn-23358.html

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you for sharing
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I track a lot of other SEO's websites that rank strictly using black hat SEO / PBN's and so far "it's all good in the hood". But it all depends on it's owner.
  5. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by Foreprime SEO
    I track a lot of other SEO's websites that rank strictly using black hat SEO / PBN's and so far "it's all good in the hood". But it all depends on it's owner.
    Foreprime, Agree that happens but you should also read Chadders reply on the same at PBNs

That will give you more insightful for the same concerned.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. Contributing User

I agree. I have many friends in the SEO world that have been ranking for years using PBNs and they have no problems. They set up their PBNs correctly and use them correctly. This change seemed to affect those that are not properly trained on set up of PBN's and techniques to rank using PBN's.
  9. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I know that that site will be penalized eventually, and they will be never recovered. You should read Chadders reply at Does Backlinks Still works?
  11. Contributing User

Facebook links help ranking.

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    I know that that site will be penalized eventually, and they will be never recovered. You should read Chadders reply at Does Backlinks Still works?
    There are different ways to use PBNs and there are different ways to get backlinks. He says there is no help from a backlink from Facebook. That is a blanket statement that I disagree with for sure. If I have a "dofollow" back link from Facebook, how will that not help my ranking?
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    I disagree as well, you con get hit by using a poorly structured pbn, but one that is set up right and doesn't send out link trash can get away from being flagged. As far as being penalized I'm not so sure, perhaps disavowed which won't help ranking may occure unless you have proof I doubt it'll result in a pur say penality.

Comments on this post

• jandesigner01 agrees : Yes
    • Prof.stan agrees
    Last edited by Test-ok; Mar 4th, 2017 at 11:42 PM.