1. Eating rice crackers
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Poisonous linking systems?

Does anybody use PHP linking systems for their websites? if so what are the risks?

I am using a php link system which can be seen at

http://www.amortgage4you.co.uk/links-directory.html

This php system uses flat file text docs to store links, the php brings the text into the php page, will this mean google can read my links even tho the file is a php file?

Also I need a serious increase in traffic (relevant) to this site, Is it best to buy high page rank links (one-way)

I am aiming to beat www.mortgagecreditproblems.com for the term bad credit mortgage on google, they have a page rank 5.
    My site has been optimised past that of mortgagecreditproblems.com and contains far more content etc. so would some good links push me to the top?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Thats difficult to say without a more in depth analysis.

I have done some work in this market before. There are many niche terms you can get. As you are looking for relevant traffic being even more specific with keyword targeting is the name of the game.

Buying high PR links (not site wides - individual links) is a good idea but only if they are going to be long lasting. Buying one for one month won't do anything.

Getting links is definately what you need to do. Write some articles and syndicate some content to get links back from relevant sites.
  5. Contributing User

The opening post in this thread raises something I often wonder about, and which is not a negative reflection on either the poster or the forum.

Considering that there may well be more than a couple of unethical SEO types cruising these forums, how wise is it to be explicit about industries, domains, target keywords, etc in a posting?

It seems to me that spelling out details could be a dangerous thing to do, not in every case, but it is something to consider. All communities have a few bad apples lurking around.

What if someone from www.mortgagecreditproblems.com read this post? I think posters in general need to be especially careful about trumpeting successful domains, keywords etc.

Comments on this post

• relixx agrees : i agree. i mean, yes we try to help each other, but in the end its numero uno that matters most...
    Last edited by mickh; May 4th, 2006 at 09:02 AM.
  7. Contributing User

Anyway, to answer the PHP question, I haven't seen the system you refer to but I imagine that yes, Google will see the links. As with most/all PHP, all Google ever sees is the PHP output, which is good ole HTML.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Owner of MortgageCreditProblems.com

This is Randi Thornton, owner of MortgageCreditProblems.com. I feel your posting was in bad taste.

We are very proud of our web site and feel it is informative.

Comments on this post

• SEO-2005 agrees : Well nice but not that fast. Wait at least till the post is cached by G! ;)