1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Please review my site - huge problems in SEO

Hi guys,
    I have a an SEO issue with a cleaning website,powered by Wordpress - foxcleaners.co.uk
    Few months ago, my client reagistered the domain and i built the website for him.Our target ware highly competitive keywords in Google.co.uk like: House Cleaning London,Upholstery Cleaning London,Domestic Cleaning London and so on....
    Anyway,after 1 month of SEO we have ahieved pretty good rankings for a new website,as follows: 4th. page of Google for: House Cleaninig London, 2ond page of Google for Spring Cleaning London....in short - all of our pages ware in top 100 results for all keywords (bare in mind that cleaninig niche is one of the most competitive in the wohle UK market)
    Everything was going very well and suddenly....the site vanished from the search results.The site was still indexed,and when you type the domain it was still number 1 for its name,but all other keywords vanished...
    Then i started to investigate the problem.I have never did black SEO techniques like spamming,keywords stuffing or anything illegal.I beleive in quality.So my 1st thought was - this is content.I forgot to tell you the when site was under development,we have renamed the pages.You know in Wordpress,when you rename page,the old url is 301 redirected to the new one.But somehow Google has indexed old and new pages.I have removed the old url's from webmaster tools and solved that problem.
    Now when i start investigate the problem i found that when you take a snippet from one of our pages,google shows scraper sites 1st!!The content of the site is unique and sites who scraped all pages outranked the origianals!!!This is so absurd!I made a post in Google Forums,but got an answers only from inexperienced members.
    OK,i didn't found the problem,so took decision to hire a professional,native english writer to rewrite the whole content.
    The results ware very good and fast - 1 week after the new content was crawled,some of the rankings ware back,apart from the homepage itself.
    So my qestions to you are:
    1.Why do you think Google disvalue this website content - it was original,unique contnet and how can Google rank scrapers before originals?
    2. Why my homepage is nowhere for keyword: "House Cleaning London"?It was on 5th page of Google.co.uk 1 month after site launch.
    Please review this site,and share your opinion.I don't do illegal SEO tactics so no point to hide the url.

Thanks in advance
    Chris
  3. What The Feck..
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

50% of your links are nofollow and rest 50% come from unrelated websites. I can also see that you have engaged in in a little bit of forum spamming as well. You have a lot of links from italian and turkish websites as well. I couldn't find a single relevant high quality link.

Considering this scenario...Your website cannot get ranked.

Work on getting backlinks.......
  5. No Profile Picture

Here is one example,i took a snipped of the homepage content and made a search in Google: It doesn’t get better than that! Actually it does! How about flexible payment methods and a highly screened staff that meets the top London standards we demand for excellence - Google Search
    My home is nowhere in the search results.But when you put quotes on this snipped,there is only 1 result - my homepage.How you can explain that?
    The content is 100% unique,writed by native english writer.
  7. No Profile Picture

I don't have links from spanish or turkish sites?Can you give examples here?Also wyh you say i spam forums mate?This is completely not true.
  9. What The Feck..
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

You can check the backlinks by using a backlink tool. look deeper and you will find them....

Build a couple of good links and wait for some more time. The pages should come back, if not then there may be something deeper..
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It's not unusual for scraper sites to rank higher. Google hasn't spotted all of them yet so if there is a more established website that took your content it will rank better. That's one reason why any links in your body content should be absolute.\

Now this "native speaker" that you hired has screwed you over. The standard of English on the site is awful and Google can do spell and grammar check every bit as well as Word. From a customer point of view it doesn't inspire confidence and you are probably suffering a higher bounce rate than you should.

The text which shows in the SERPs is awful poor English which will effect your CTR.

BTW - you are really going about this upside down. The chances of ranking highly for "House Cleaning London" are extremely remote - better to optimise your listings in the directories that do rank for this keyword and pull in traffic that way.

Comments on this post

• GlobeTradex agrees : make quality links, you will regain the status
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/