1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Php Vs Html Pages Best For Seo?

I am building a few sites that I want to be SEO. I do know keywords and description, etc.

But my question is with Googles new algorithm, is my PHP site or a straight HTML better for SEO?? Below is sample coding for my PHP page that calls up the HTML pages. The reason I do this is if I change a header or footer, I only do it once.

ALSO does it matter if the HTM pages that are called up need to be optimized too??

<html>
    <body topmargin="10" bottommargin="10" link="#0000FF" vlink="#0000FF" background="images/backg.gif">

<div align="center">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900" id="table1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <tr>
    <td>
    <p align="center"></p>
    <? include("includes/header.htm") ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    <div align="center">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900" id="table2" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <tr>
    <td width="150" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFF1A4">
    <p align="center"></p>
    <? include("includes/left_column.htm") ?></td>
    <td valign="top">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="table14">
    <tr>
    <td><? include("pages/index.htm") ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </td>
    <td width="150" valign="top" bgcolor="#FFF1A4">
    <p align="center"></p>
    <? include("includes/right_column.htm") ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    <div align="center">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900" id="table3">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    <p align="center"></p>
    <? include("includes/footer.htm") ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

</body>

</html>
  3. SEO Strategist
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Please note

.php, .cgi, .asp, .aspx, .html etc are just extensions given to pages as per the language used to develop the website. The languages like php, C# .Net, VB .Net, Asp etc are used to develop functionality within the web pages. A site developed on .Net technology or any other uses the BASIC HTML, which is a must.

Search Engine Bots do not crawl the codes written in any language other than HTML. If you have developed a website in php with a functionality to display the list of supplier from a specific area on Clicking a specific Key, Search engine bot will not see the code written to do this. But it will crawl the result displayed after execution of the code. Since after executing a query the URL change so the page (the ? parameter that calls the different IDs).

So it do not matter what file extension you are using, if you have a dynamic site you'll use a language to function. In your case if you are doing this just to include header, footer, left and right column, then for your information it can be done on simple .html extension as well. You just need to add

Code:
    AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .html .htm
    in your php.ini file on your apache installation folder. Please note the file extension and php version can be change as per your local php version. Also the short Open Tag must be On to see the parsed result.

Once the page is parsed it will display the entire files as one. The Search engine bots do not crawl <? ... ?> but anything resulted after the execution. The same SEO work is required on .html or .php files.

Comments on this post

• tstolber agrees : Good answers
    • dzine agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

So how would I recode say:

<div align="center">
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="900" id="table3">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">
    <p align="center"></p>
    <? include("includes/footer.htm") ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

Then the php.ini file: how would that read?? Can u put an example or site so I can see.

Thanks
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

You will be returning HTML mark up regardless of which server side (being the key word there) technology you use.

Click view source and you will see the same thing no matter which technology you use. This is what Google will see, since it is Client Side.

The code that zablex put needs to go in your .htaccess file which goes in your root directory (usually HTML or WWW).
    You will more than likely not have access to your php.ini file if your site is hosted on a shared server (which around 99% of sites are).
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tstolber
    You will be returning HTML mark up regardless of which server side (being the key word there) technology you use.

Click view source and you will see the same thing no matter which technology you use. This is what Google will see, since it is Client Side.

The code that zablex put needs to go in your .htaccess file which goes in your root directory (usually HTML or WWW).
    You will more than likely not have access to your php.ini file if your site is hosted on a shared server (which around 99% of sites are).
    Agreed. It's just like looking at a flash page in a Google cache, you will see exactly what Google sees in them.
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Since your just learning, I would recommend learning html 5 while you're at it

Comments on this post

• tstolber agrees : Good suggestion - I just upgraded my standard site template code to HTML5 & CSS3
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Since your just learning, I would recommend learning html 5 while you're at it
    Definitely agree on that point. I'm at the very end of tweeking my site but as soon as I'm caught up I have some html5 tutorials I will be learning. They have an actual convert tool on the web to convert your xhtml to html5, but when I did this my spry menu was totally unusable, though I still do not understand why, so I switched it back to xhtml 1.0.

Even though xhtml2 will be coming out soon also, I'd still say html5 is the language to learn and the one I think the eb will end up adopting the way they did xhtml 1.0