1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Penguin Recovery Questions

Hi,

I've been wondering if there is a good proven way to recover from a penguin hit. I seemed to get hit on the October 3.0 Date,

The main things I hear are anchor text diversity and removing links from "bad sites"

My questions are:

1).Are links from poor sites hurting your rankings, or are they ignored/carry no value?

2).How would you identify a site as "bad"?

3). What is the correct anchor text distribution, I generally hear no more than 20% unnatural anchor, is this correct?

4). If you have an EMD for example "RedLeatherShoes.com" is your brand name "Red Leather Shoes" and could you therefore legitimately use the anchor keywords "Red Leather Shoes", and can you use "Leather Shoes" or "Red Shoes" or "Shoes Leather" as these are partial "brand matches"

5). How is your anchor text percentage calculated, say you have 1000 links on one blog, and 2 links on another blog, is a 1 link takes from each separate site, or is total anchor links taken for the percentage??

6). If you want to dilute your anchor text to natural anchor text domain.com, click here etc, does this mean its a good idea to do this internally or if doing it on external sites, does it matter how you dilute, i.e. can you
    correct your anchor text percentage with a lot of low value "natural links"?

7). Has anyone recovered putting into practise such techniques and is there any penguin recovery service worth paying for?

Thanks, Phil
    Last edited by roosh; Nov 30th, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

There are over a dozen threads in this forum covering each item you have listed.

Please use the search option to follow these threads that already answer your questions.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.