1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Penalized by Penguin However the links are good.

I have a couple of links Penguin penalized. One is in a blog and the other in a news site. They have been there a couple of years and nothing has hurt it now penguin said that the site is being penalized for these links. I check the links with the disavow tool and it said they were good....did a copy duplicate to see if someone copy and this might be the problem and nothing...can someone just give me a suggestion as too why they might be doing this. The articles are good and pertain to the site they are on and only one anchor text keyword link in the article back to the original site.
    Thank you
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Sounds to me like you don't understand the message google sent, if there are just 2 links in the message, they are examples, it's not the only two links causing you an issue.

and where did the disavow tool state a good link compared to a bad one. Sounds like you don't have a clue what your doing.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

As test-ok said, the google disavow tool is just a way to upload links that you want disavowed from your site, it does not analyze links. Is it possible you are using a different tool?

Also, to analyze your backlinks you need to download the latest links file from webmaster tools, and look at ALL of those links. If you are under penalty and are not sure about the quality of the link, it is best to remove it. Be very critical of the links when evaluating them.
  7. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It sounds like you are confusing Penguin and a manual penalty. If I am reading you right, it sounds like you got a manual warning from Google and when you filed for reconsideration they gave these particular links as examples of unnatural links.

While Penguin and a manual penalty both look at links, you won't get any communication from Google with Penguin. Here's an article that might help you understand the difference between Penguin and a manual penalty: The Difference Between Penguin and an Unnatural Links Penalty (and some info on Panda too) - Moz

The articles are good and pertain to the site they are on and only one anchor text keyword link in the article back to the original site.
    Are these articles that you wrote yourself and had published on someone else's site? These definitely sound unnatural to me. The quality guidelines lists the following as an example of a link scheme: "Large-scale article marketing or guest posting campaigns with keyword-rich anchor text links". If you got one of these as an example link, you can be sure that there are more of them.